Omar Kelly Tried To Convince Jarvis Landry To Skip Training Camp Last Year | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Omar Kelly Tried To Convince Jarvis Landry To Skip Training Camp Last Year

Superself

If you want to, we can supply you.
Club Member
Reaction score
This was posted on reddit by someone who was subscribed to Omar's instagram account where he was doing a Q&A this week. I have nothing to substantiate whether this is true or not but if it is, he should be fired.

This was posted on reddit by someone who was subscribed to Omar's instagram account where he was doing a Q&A this week. I have nothing to substantiate whether this is true or not but if it is, he should be fired.

"Jarvis didn't listen obviously, but is this not unprofessional? It's one thing to be involved with the team as a beat writer, but where does he got off trying to influence team business and adding fuel to the fire??"

Why would Omar start to be professional now?

Omar is a tool but not sure why or if he should be fired over this if true.
Maybe not, but if I'm the Dolphins I keep him as far away from the players and facilities as possible. He's showing here that he is far from objective about reporting on the team.

Maybe not, but if I'm the Dolphins I keep him as far away from the players and facilities as possible. He's showing here that he is far from objective about reporting on the team.
How do they do that?

Not crazy about the situation, but look at it this way, Kelly was telling Landry to do something that may have been in Landry's best interest and it still didn't happen. So it shows how much clout Kelly's opinion held. As a reporter Kelly's action would be way out of line, because you're supposed to stay disconnected and objective to a story. As a columnist Kelly is paid to give his opinion and take sides on issues so it shouldn't shock you. Plus Kelly always seems to lean toward saying players should do what ever it takes to get paid what they think they're worth. He says it publicly so no suprise he would say it privately to Landry too.

Omar talks out of his ass quite often. If you listen to him on local radio when he appears on WQAM, he acts as if he is tight with everybody and talks casually about a lot of players.

But this right here isn’t something you fire the guy over.

And honestly, Omar serves a purpose down here. He is arguably the top dog when it comes to tweets during camp and his unpopular takes do serve as a talking point, even if the take can often be ridiculous.

giphy.gif

He blocked me just for telling him his podcast with Miko Grimes was embarrassing. They both talked up Sam Beenner like he was our best lineman lol.

This confirms my instinct that Omar is a troublemaker who seeks to throw hand grenades at the team whenever he gets the chance. His delight in any bad news for the Dolphins is obvious and he appears to want the team to fail badly. In another era, sports reporters just reported the news, but today it's all about being a "personality" and getting more clicks to measure success.
I support any move to get Omar fired. I also support any move to ban him from covering the team. Keep him out of the locker room and as far away from the players as possible - he is an enemy of the team. Get him a job up in Boston to cover the Patriots. I can assure you that Bill Belichick wouldn't tolerate an arrogant disruptive troublemaker trying to turn his players against the team.

Last edited:
Not sure whether this is legit or not … but it does sound consistent with what we know of Omar. Wants the Dolphins to lose, has his own agenda, and is desperately interested in trying to act like he's part of some athlete's inner circle.

I haven't been an Omar fan … and true or not, this isn't going to make me change my mind. Omar gonna Omar.

Back
Top Bottom