Omar said Tua's arm still isnt back | Page 25 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Omar said Tua's arm still isnt back

This is a funny debate. Based on an Omar article. I think its a bit more complex. I was a huge draft Herbert supporter. I saw all the physical tools I love in a QB. I also saw humility and drive which I value. When we drafted Tua, I was slightly disappointed, but I knew I was in the minority in wanting Herbert over Tua and I trust our GM and Coach on their decision. As we know Herbert was extremely impressive in his debut season. I think most of us would draft Herbert over Tua if we could do that draft over again.......BUT.......THAT MAY COMPLETELY REVERSE ITSSELF AFER THIS SEASON! Tua may have a huge season, fully recovered from the hip and surrounded by top tier receivers.

His arm strength is good enough, his movement inside and outside the pocket is good enough. His accuracy is a strength, and his intelligence, dedication, humility, coachability and drive are great! If Tua has the season we all hope he will, Omar will be the first guy to say he supported Tua all along and that Tua was on his "man-crush" list. That is actually accurate, but a normal example of media being on all sides of every debate.

It definitely could happen. In hindsight people automatically would say "i told you so". They will also judge and make assumptions based off the "now" rather than the near future. And thats what totally defines this whole off season on whose better or who will have a better career... answer is, no one knows. But we all know things happen differently depending on situation and next year there will be totally different situations. Great post dude

If Tua has the season we all hope he will, Omar will be the first guy to say he supported Tua all along and that Tua was on his "man-crush" list. That is actually accurate, but a normal example of media being on all sides of every debate.
Spot on. He was on the Tua train as much as anyone. Fully prepared to play both sides.

20210604_045920.jpg

20210604_045813.jpg

...so we NEED to draft the guy that dislocated his hip 9 months before the season

...but let's give him 9 games and then bash him

Last edited:
Last edited:
Moving goalposts again I see. My opinion of Watson's arm strength from 2017 is irrelevant. This has nothing to do with DeShaun Watson.

This has to do with Tua. Tua's arm strength is weak. Statistically.

Say it with me now, "Tua's arm strength is weak, and that's OK." You can still believe in him, and root for the Dolphins.
"Weak" is a relative measurement. If it's "weak", what is "average" in terms of actual numbers across the starting NFL QBs?

I didn't say they were. On top of those numbers from the link I posted, DeShaun also had very low velocity numbers from the combine. It's just backing up the data I posted.
Watson had low velocity numbers?

Can you please post Watson's combine velocity numbers so we can all get an insight into the data that only you apparently have?

Thanks, I'll hang up and listen.

This is a funny debate. Based on an Omar article. I think its a bit more complex. I was a huge draft Herbert supporter. I saw all the physical tools I love in a QB. I also saw humility and drive which I value. When we drafted Tua, I was slightly disappointed, but I knew I was in the minority in wanting Herbert over Tua and I trust our GM and Coach on their decision. As we know Herbert was extremely impressive in his debut season. I think most of us would draft Herbert over Tua if we could do that draft over again.......BUT.......THAT MAY COMPLETELY REVERSE ITSSELF AFER THIS SEASON! Tua may have a huge season, fully recovered from the hip and surrounded by top tier receivers.

His arm strength is good enough, his movement inside and outside the pocket is good enough. His accuracy is a strength, and his intelligence, dedication, humility, coachability and drive are great! If Tua has the season we all hope he will, Omar will be the first guy to say he supported Tua all along and that Tua was on his "man-crush" list. That is actually accurate, but a normal example of media being on all sides of every debate.
Nope. Nothing I saw out of Herbert this year was any different than college and I'd LOVE for someone to tell me something that was different.

Can you please post Watson's combine velocity numbers so we can all get an insight into the data that only you apparently have?

I wouldn't put too much stock into what was posted, it was done by analyzing film.

I wouldn't put too much stock into what was posted, it was done by analyzing film.
That's my point. The combine throws also weren't analyzed either so him sitting here pretending that there's data floating around showing Watson's "one of the weakest" combine numbers for arm strength is just make believe BS damage control.

He's ready to die on that hill.

im just going to wait for this year to play out but if Herbert blows up again and tua sucks then we just set the team back a couple years again...

Everyone loves Herbert over Tua because he put up the numbers. It’s like they moved on from Phillip Rivers and replaced him with Phillip Rivers. The numbers are almost identical to Rivers 2 years ago. He inherited (3)1,000yd receivers. Well, (2) and a 993yd receiver. But he was able to step in and play the part. That makes him a solid draft pick. A Mat Ryan/Phillip Rivers type.

Will he step up to the next level? Will he be that guy who doesn’t have another losing season? I don’t know. I think it’ll take time to see what his mental make up is. He didn’t look great against our defense. I think Tua can still be better than Herbert. I view Tua as a winner and a guy who elevates the play of the guys around him. That’s the difference.

No.. please stay on the phone 🤣🤣

Then there's this from Omar: Tua Tagovailoa threw a well-timed crisp, out pass to DeVante Parker during the 7-on-7 period. It was a nice display of his arm strength, which at times has seemed meager....
Camp Observations

Back
Top Bottom