Omar said Tua's arm still isnt back | Page 28 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Omar said Tua's arm still isnt back

I belive in Tua, but I also am real happy with this FO. Why? We have an out clause if Tua dos not deliver this year, and it’s called next year’s draft. Drafting a star QB is hard and it doesn’t always work out the way you think. T Lawrence threw back to back pick 6’s yesterday in practice. Should all Jags fans melt down? No, give the guy some time and see what he can do. Let’s do the same with Tua now that he has better blocking, hopefully better coaching and much better weapons.

Meanwhile I watch 2 starters go down for SF and I start thinking that we are in a great situation either way. I say enjoy the ride instead of being a drama queen about a terrible beat reporters take in June.

What is not correct??

Hurts was not drafted to be the starter last year whatsoever. Do you really think they drafted a 2nd round qb in to be a day 1 starter over Wentz? I'll answer that for you, no.

Muscle mass has nothing to do with throwing velocity. Tua never possessed elite arm talent or athleticism. It was mind boggling how so many posters on here claimed he was a "generational" prospect.

Tua could make a considerable leap in his play from last year and that would not mean he'll be good enough to elevate this team against the 7 or 8 legit playoff teams in the AFC or their quarterbacks. That's how poorly he played at times last year.

Muscle mass has nothing to do with throwing velocity. Tua never possessed elite arm talent or athleticism. It was mind boggling how so many posters on here claimed he was a "generational" prospect.

Tua could make a considerable leap in his play from last year and that would not mean he'll be good enough to elevate this team against the 7 or 8 legit playoff teams in the AFC or their quarterbacks. That's how poorly he played at times last year.
I think a lot of the folks who said 'generational talent' were confusing the strength of the Alabama program with all of its players. Yes, Alabama has been THE dominant program in college football for a number of years, but that doesn't mean that all of its players are great--many of them are just good, and benefit from being surrounded by so many good to great players.

Tua showed moxie and an ability to throw smart, crisp passes quickly... I still say there's more Jeff Garcia to this guy than Peyton Manning.

Last edited:
Hurts was not drafted to be the starter last year whatsoever. Do you really think they drafted a 2nd round qb in to be a day 1 starter over Wentz? I'll answer that for you, no.
I said one day not a day one starter.... Big difference if you had read it properly.

They knew Wentz days were numbered in Philly.

Back
Top Bottom