OMG Chris Chambers

CChambers7284

The Biggest Fins Fan from CT
Reaction score
Probaly the big wasted talent in football right now

I was looking at a rookie card w/ all the combine stats

he ran a 4.3 40 yrd. dash
he has a 46.5 vertical jump

Many people forgot he weighs near 215 but is only 5'10-5'11 so he has to be the most built WR too.

Ever since he came into the league Fiedler started to suck and our Passing Game was a joke.

Not to mention he caught 11 Tds in 2003 when our QBs combined for 15.
You put that in contrast w/ adecent amount of tds (25) and chambers would have had around 19 Tds which is unbelievable.

I love Chambers but I think he shouldnt of signed a long term deal w/ Miami.

He will be a majorwatse of talent but not his fault.

last year i felt so bad for the guy, and was so ticked off at our offense i was actually saying i wish he would go to a real team so he could be the star he deserves to be. a class act and full of talent that has been robbed from what he can be by being in a dolphin uniform. that sucks to have to say but we all know it's true. im hoping with a real coaching staff that chambers will get his.

Things should change now with a vertical passing game and a QB that can get the ball down the field.

sports24/7 said:
Things should change now with a vertical passing game and a QB that can get the ball down the field.

With all that's said, did you guys forget that our QB's didn't get the time to get the ball deep...a little something we're working on with the OL, how to pick up blitzes, and opening running holes so our backs can get through, so maybe other teams respect our run, so some pressure maybe taken off our QB..If we get those worked out, maybe chambers get a chance to get some down field balls..but chris has to help that out too, with his abilities, he missed a lot of jump balls when he had the chance...he''s got to learn to win those types of battles.

Your smoking some serious crack. Chris Chambers has done nothing but make big plays and he very rarely drops a ball. With Linehan in there, we will all see how good this guy really is. I think he's one of the best in the league. We'll soon see.

fantasticfins said:
Your smoking some serious crack. Chris Chambers has done nothing but make big plays and he very rarely drops a ball. With Linehan in there, we will all see how good this guy really is. I think he's one of the best in the league. We'll soon see.

So Im assuming you didnt see the games where it seemed he was taking plays off last year and giving up on balls?

Dont get me wrong I like Chambers a lot and think he has a ton of potential but he didnt play to it last year in the few attempts he had.

last year was a joke - it doesn't really make much sense looking back and making comparisons when we have a new head coach, new asst coaches, new schemes etc. - as far as i'm concerned every player on this team is now a rookie including all our veterans

I love Chambers. His rookie year he made some of the best TDs I have ever seen from a Miami receiver. That game up in Buffalo was sick that year. But truth be told, he is only a #2 receiver at best. There are only a few true #1 receivers in the NFL: Moss, T.O. and Marvin Harrison. Chambers is a GREAT #2 guy, but only a good #1 guy. He is not an elite receiver in my opinion. He has a tendency to run lazy routes, and give up on plays. I love the guy, but let's come back to Earth a little here.

testtubetimmy said:
enter Alex Smith.

Oh im sorry. not this year.

Dont worry AJ Feeley will do well this year...the guy threw 98 passes straight last year with out an int at the end of the season...and the streak continues now

Bad Lieutenant said:
There are only a few true #1 receivers in the NFL: Moss, T.O. and Marvin Harrison.

Just so I'm certain that I'm understanding this correctly...

Joe Horn, Issac Bruce, Hines Ward, and Tory Holt are not, in your mind, true #1 recievers?

Seriously?

Omaha_Dolfan said:
So Im assuming you didnt see the games where it seemed he was taking plays off last year and giving up on balls?

Dont get me wrong I like Chambers a lot and think he has a ton of potential but he didnt play to it last year in the few attempts he had.

One play out of how many? I guess you miss the opening play of the Ravens game, when Chris bombed them for 70 plus yards..

Back
Top Bottom