On a Positive ... Our TE's | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

On a Positive ... Our TE's

matt11390

Starter
Reaction score
Today, although it has taken all season, we finally got a glimpse at what the combo of Clay and Sims can be. We know Clay has been down this season because of injuries. He's been injured and limited all season and this has been his biggest reason for his regression from last season. Sims continues to grow. He has size to be a target in the red zone and is becoming a good blocker. IMO if we resign Clay in the offseason both he and Sims has us set at TE. This combo gives us something positive to look forward to next season. In our offense these two can become weapons for RT and actually make Wallace even more dangerous on the outside.

agree i like where sims seems to be headed, red zone target

Im really excited by the way sims has come around as of late...i remember reading back when we drafted him that he had pretty good hands. He could become a pretty good player for us next season. He has the height to be a red zone threat. Im looking forward to him making even more strides this offseason. Overall i like what ive seen from him so far.

Sims just has to be able to beat either a DE or LB in coverage and high-point a ball here and there and I think he can do that.
If we went Wallace, Landry, Clay and Sims in the redzone, we could max-protect vs going spread all the time and have more flexibility.
If we could just get a guy like Gadsden to be the guy who could easily high-point fade patterns, it would help a lot. He wouldn't even need to be that fast and we could probably get him in a later round. Landry is the perfect slot receiver but we need an Alvin Harper type to compliment the speedy Wallace. We need that guy who can always win in single coverage cuz of height and body-English.

Sims. Best blocking TE Ive seen in quite some time.

Spread out and hit the hole in zone for TD today. Nice!

It's a fact Miami needs a seam threat either at WR or TE. I like Sims and Clay but are they enough? It's IMPERATIVE Miami gets a big redzone threat. It has to happen.

Sims has shown up at some critical times. Let's hope he keeps developing.......so far, so good.

Sims. Best blocking TE Ive seen in quite some time.

Spread out and hit the hole in zone for TD today. Nice!

A lot of people aren't catching that....he is better than Fasano ever was at blocking. On the other hand, Clay is a terrible blocker...

It's a fact Miami needs a seam threat either at WR or TE. I like Sims and Clay but are they enough? It's IMPERATIVE Miami gets a big redzone threat. It has to happen.

Agreed. I don't think there is much out there i.e. Gronkowski/Graham. Blakeney (Duke) & Funchess (Michigan) could be that big physical WR that this offense needs

Meh...He's a younger version of Fasano IMO. Could be a red zone threat like Fasano and a good blocker. Should help a lot in red zone 3 TE sets for the run and pass.

Lynch... is not a very good athlete. I don't see it.

Dion Sims, on the other hand, is developing into a very competent player.

Back
Top Bottom