On Paper, Offense Could Be Good | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

On Paper, Offense Could Be Good

SF Dolphin Fan

Seasoned Veteran
Club Member
Reaction score
So free agency is essentially in the books and now so is the draft. I like how Miami looks, on paper, on the offensive side of the ball.

1. Tannehill is back. Although, I certainly thought the team might trade up at quarterback, I still think Miami can win with Tannehill if they get talent around him. This certainly could be the most talented, by far, offensive team Miami has had since drafting Tannehill.

2. The addition of Sitton on the offensive line could be big. If Tunsil and Davis, two young guys, take their games up a notch, this unit should be at least a little above average. Some pretty good depth too, although long-term we are looking at some contracts that expire after this year (James).

3. Gore with Drake and Ballage gives Miami nice talent at running back. Loved the Gore signing and Ballage, with coaching, could be a nice addition.

4. Gesicki is a real talent at tight end. The Dolphins haven't had a quality tight end since Clay signed with Buffalo. That could/should be huge for Tannehill, especially in the redzone.

5. There isn't a star or a number one guy, but there is talent at wide receiver and more speed than last year as well. Parker is the wildcard if he can ever reach his potential. A real make or break year for him.

yes I think the offense will be a lot better, so many options and formations that Gase can you for mismatches, I hope we cut down on a lot of 3 and outs and have more long drives that results in tds, thus it will help the defense by them not being on the field to much

Agree with all of this, especially about Parker being the enigmatic piece to the puzzle.

I’ll be honest and say that I don’t have much confidence in Parker being anything more than he has shown, but it would be a beautiful thing if the proverbial light bulb comes on for him this year.

DeVante Parker needs to show more consistency, toughness, and separation at this level. If he can improve upon those three particulars, then we’ll be cooking with gas.

I’m most excited about the addition of Mike Gesicki, and envision him attacking mismatches and outjumping LB’s and DB’s for the ball in the red zone. The sky is the limit with this kid, and he’s one of the most athletic tight ends that this team has had in a very long time. So much optimism there.

Here’s to hoping!

I think the key with Parker other then health is getting him involved early and keep feeding him. If you go back to that rams game a few years ago he and Tannehill were the difference in getting a W. (atleast that's how i remember it)

I agree! While I have no faith in Kalen Ballage as a runner, he can pass protect, catch the ball out of the backfield and contribute on 3rd downs as well as special teams. There are a lot of reasons to be excited!

In Denver we saw Gase's offense with a seam threat TE, and Mike Gesicki is going to be fantastic at that. As a chain mover, he is going to be better than Jarvis Landry was ... and I know people will hate hearing that, but by next offseason I think they will reluctantly agree. As a red zone threat, Gesicki will be dominant. I'm actually curious how DeVante Parker performs this year, because either he shows up and demands a contract extension, or Gesicki replaces him and Parker gets released. Let's hope Parker responds to the competition.

We have not had a real running game since Richie Incognito left. There, someone finally said it. While Ajayi had games of productivity, we could only open run lanes against inferior run defending teams. But, with Josh Sitton and a blossoming Jesse Davis at guards, coupled with an average Kilgore at center, we suddenly become a team that can open run lanes against most teams. This will make it easier for Tannehill to hit his passes with less DB's in coverage. Also, the improved pass protection should allow us to run deeper routes, taking advantage of the speed we seem to have everywhere in our WR's and TE now. And, with Ted Larsen healthy again and a redshirt year under Isaac Asiata's belt, hopefully we should see better consistency when we inevitably have injuries along the OL.

A team that has short DB's will face the lineup of 6'4 DeVante Parker, 6'6 Mike Gesicki, and 6'5 Durham Smythe. A team that has big DB's but lacks quickness will face a lineup of Kenny Stills, Jakeem Grant, Danny Amendola, and the guy we got form KC whose name escapes me at the moment. Tannehill is going to have at least one favorable matchup almost every play.

This is the year I'm expecting our offense to really surge forward.

Agree with all of this, especially about Parker being the enigmatic piece to the puzzle.

I’ll be honest and say that I don’t have much confidence in Parker being anything more than he has shown, but it would be a beautiful thing if the proverbial light bulb comes on for him this year.

DeVante Parker needs to show more consistency, toughness, and separation at this level. If he can improve upon those three particulars, then we’ll be cooking with gas.

I’m most excited about the addition of Mike Gesicki, and envision him attacking mismatches and outjumping LB’s and DB’s for the ball in the red zone. The sky is the limit with this kid, and he’s one of the most athletic tight ends that this team has had in a very long time. So much optimism there.

Here’s to hoping!

I'm doubtful with Parker as well. Absolutely love his talent, but he hasn't lived up to it yet.

So excited about Gesicki. His background in basketball and volleyball show up big on the football field. IMO, I thought he was the best receiving tight end in this draft.

Which is why I don't understand why so many people think Miami is headed for a top 5 pick in the draft.

My only real concern is how Miami does against the run. I guess that's a pretty big concern, actually. But, if the offense finally takes off in year three of Adam Gase at least the defense will be fresher. Plus, teams will hopefully have to pass against the Dolphins to come from behind! Looks like the defense is set up for that with pass rushers and what should be better speed and coverage.

So free agency is essentially in the books and now so is the draft. I like how Miami looks, on paper, on the offensive side of the ball.

1. Tannehill is back. Although, I certainly thought the team might trade up at quarterback, I still think Miami can win with Tannehill if they get talent around him. This certainly could be the most talented, by far, offensive team Miami has had since drafting Tannehill.

2. The addition of Sitton on the offensive line could be big. If Tunsil and Davis, two young guys, take their games up a notch, this unit should be at least a little above average. Some pretty good depth too, although long-term we are looking at some contracts that expire after this year (James).

3. Gore with Drake and Ballage gives Miami nice talent at running back. Loved the Gore signing and Ballage, with coaching, could be a nice addition.

4. Gesicki is a real talent at tight end. The Dolphins haven't had a quality tight end since Clay signed with Buffalo. That could/should be huge for Tannehill, especially in the redzone.

5. There isn't a star or a number one guy, but there is talent at wide receiver and more speed than last year as well. Parker is the wildcard if he can ever reach his potential. A real make or break year for him.

I wouldn't call Clay a "quality TE, but I agree with most of the rest

The key is going to be the offensive line. If they are improved from years past, the offense should improve as well. Tannehill is a given, considering he’s been in the offense for a few years. The question becomes the receiving corp. If they spread the wealth like they seem to want, replacing Landry’s production should happen. They need contributions from both rookie TE’s, as well as,
from Amendola, Grant, Carroo and the new guy from KC. I imagine this is going to be fun to watch.

I think the key with Parker other then health is getting him involved early and keep feeding him. If you go back to that rams game a few years ago he and Tannehill were the difference in getting a W. (atleast that's how i remember it)

Here in lies the problem, We have to go back a few years
to see a difference maker called Parker.

It's been 25 games since he's produced a 100 yard receiving game
and a grand total 3- 100 yard games in his 42 game career

I expect nothing from him and if somehow he does wake up
I'll be shocked

It appears we are above to above everywhere on offense but like most teams would kill for more depth.

There are a lot of guys who could career years if they stay healthy start with our very QB.

Its easy to see what all of our skill position players have to offer and its exciting.

No question Parker and Tunsil are the key to unlocking the whole puzzle.

Tannehill, Drake, Gore, Stills.....you know what your going to get.

The OL is always a concern. There is talent in the group. Someone needs to lead them.

Grant and Gesicki make things scary for defenses.

Back
Top Bottom