On Paper, Offense Could Be Good | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

On Paper, Offense Could Be Good

Don’t think we are there yet but should be much better. Expect to draft a WR high next year. Gesicki is fast but doesn’t change direction so well.

But we are drafting so much better. It is just a matter of time. Not to mention Brady is getting older!

Now let’s get a DT once Shu’s money comes off the books. Maybe even a SAM or short yardage back. Any and all of those things would help a lot.

Chase Allen might do and we have short yardage back from Michigan on the practice squad so we will see.

Parker hasn't shown up in 3* years but for some reason you guys think it is MORE LIKELY that he performs than doesn't? That's what is being implied here.

I understand the need to be hopeful, but while having a positive attitude will greatly benefit you in your own life, having unrealistic expectations for people/team that you have no control over, doesn't change your results...

More than likely, Parker has another average year... Amendola and the dude from KC should end up being a bit less than what Landry did for us... adding the new TE who could potentially be good, might even us out.

We have seemingly improved on the OL, but knows if Tunsil and Davis get better, if James gets injured again, if the new center is as solid as being made out to be... Sitton should be good, hopefully. Lots of question marks on the OL.

Tannehill will be a step up from Cutler if he has no mental or physical hang up from his injury... again, another question mark.

We know Drake is solid, we know that Frank Gore was once excellent.

So basically we have question marks with LITERALLY EVERY SINGLE OFFENSIVE UNIT going into the season. Same as every year since Marino. Not feeling negative at all, just being realistically optimistic... threads like this one, which just continually just pat the team on the back end up stemming to the "I would be surprised if we did worse than 10-6 next year" threads and then the vicious cycle of 75% of this message board having a meltdown by midseason.

Rinse. Repeat.

Last edited:
Parker hasn't shown up in 4 years but for some reason you guys think it is MORE LIKELY that he performs than doesn't? That's what is being implied here.

I understand the need to be hopeful, but while having a positive attitude will greatly benefit you in your own life, having unrealistic expectations for people/team that you have no control over, doesn't change your results...

More than likely, Parker has another average year... Amendola and the dude from KC should end up being a bit less than what Landry did for us... adding the new TE who could potentially be good, might even us out.

We have seemingly improved on the OL, but knows if Tunsil and Davis get better, if James gets injured again, if the new center is as solid as being made out to be... Sitton should be good, hopefully. Lots of question marks on the OL.

Tannehill will be a step up from Cutler if he has no mental or physical hang up from his injury... again, another question mark.

We know Drake is solid, we know that Frank Gore was once excellent.

So basically we have question marks with LITERALLY EVERY SINGLE OFFENSIVE UNIT going into the season. Same as every year since Marino. Not feeling negative at all, just being realistically optimistic... threads like this one, which just continually just pat the team on the back end up stemming to the "I would be surprised if we did worse than 10-6 next year" threads and then the vicious cycle of 75% of this message board having a meltdown by midseason.

Rinse. Repeat.
At this rate it’s more likely Tannehill will take the next step, than Parker will. Parker has shown absolutely nothing. At least Tannehill was Durable for a few seasons.

At this rate it’s more likely Tannehill will take the next step, than Parker will. Parker has shown absolutely nothing. At least Tannehill was Durable for a few seasons.

I fully expect Tannehill to rebound... but lets not discount that there is still a question mark there. Some are bigger question marks than others - will TE improve dramatically this year, will the OL get it together this year, will Parker pull his head out of his ass this year - than others (Tannehill), but we still have a question mark on every single offensive unit...

Has Parker been the elite receiver some thought he might be? No. Has shown absolutely nothing? No. He's been a 50 reception per year receiver with nagging injuries while playing in Landry's shadow. Bigger role will equal bigger results. I think Parker will be just fine.

Reactions: BSQ
I fully expect Tannehill to rebound... but lets not discount that there is still a question mark there. Some are bigger question marks than others - will TE improve dramatically this year, will the OL get it together this year, will Parker pull his head out of his *** this year - than others (Tannehill), but we still have a question mark on every single offensive unit...
Yep. The only current offensive players that’s been voted to a pro bowl is Sitton and Gore. Offense has a lot to prove.

I'm doubtful with Parker as well. Absolutely love his talent, but he hasn't lived up to it yet.

So excited about Gesicki. His background in basketball and volleyball show up big on the football field. IMO, I thought he was the best receiving tight end in this draft.

What's sad about Parker is he doesn't even realize he has one foot out the door. I know we picked up his 5th year option, but that doesn't mean we won't move on from the guy if he isn't holding up his end of the deal. In fact, I think some have said, the 5th year option might make it easier to move him. Hope he snaps out of it and gets with the program. We could use his talent.

If Gesicki is the TE we all expect him to be, then Parker's development is less critical. When we had bums for TE's we needed Parker to step up and create mismatch opportunities. With Gesicki, we have our mismatch guy in the middle of the field. Parker can concentrate on just getting open, but if he doesn't progress, then it's less detrimental to the offense.

Parker hasn't shown up in 4 years but for some reason you guys think it is MORE LIKELY that he performs than doesn't? That's what is being implied here.
Parker's only been in the league for three years, not four.

If Gesicki is the TE we all expect him to be, then Parker's development is less critical. When we had bums for TE's we needed Parker to step up and create mismatch opportunities. With Gesicki, we have our mismatch guy in the middle of the field. Parker can concentrate on just getting open, but if he doesn't progress, then it's less detrimental to the offense.

Lots of if's and hopefully's with this offense right now. Hope for the best, but not holding my breath until we see something, anything, consistently positive from this team.

Parker's only been in the league for three years, not four.

whoops! It's just been so unremarkable I forgot to tighten up my memory. Thanks for the correction.

The offense has all the potential in the world. Let’s see if they can come out at beginning of year and be prolific.

Gase has no excuses. He has his QB. He has changed out the talent. It’s the third year with his system in place. It’s time to get some points on the board and stop all the bumbling three and outs. It’s time to win a coin toss, take the ball, and ram it down someone’s throat from the first drive.

It’s time.

Lots of reasons to be optimistic today. Way more than a week ago. I think how far this offense goes will depend heavily on three things:

1. Ryan Tannehill staying healthy and taking the next step. He was trending up before he got hurt.

2. Offensive line staying healthy.

3. DeVante Parker. Not much else to say here. It's obvious.

Lots of if's and hopefully's with this offense right now. Hope for the best, but not holding my breath until we see something, anything, consistently positive from this team.

whoops! It's just been so unremarkable I forgot to tighten up my memory. Thanks for the correction.
Of course. It's the off-season. That's all anyone's got this time of year.

For Parker to stay healthy we need to tone it down on the 50/50 deep balls. While they were great it also seemed to hurt him every time as he goes full speed and slams into the ground. Leave the deep ball for Stills and have Parker for the intermediate routes that move the chains

I forget the game, but the one where Drake and Williams were killing it out of the backfield is where I hope this offense goes. Vertical routes from our wrs and te, and underneath rb routes to take advantage from all the space left behind.

Back
Top Bottom