On Paper, Offense Could Be Good | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

On Paper, Offense Could Be Good

I'm doubtful with Parker as well. Absolutely love his talent, but he hasn't lived up to it yet.

So excited about Gesicki. His background in basketball and volleyball show up big on the football field. IMO, I thought he was the best receiving tight end in this draft.

I do think it’s promising that Parker was bringing in more big plays last time Tannehill was at the helm. I’m not counting my chickens before they hatch but if RT can get back to form and be the guy telling everyone presnap what their assignment is I think we’ll be seeing more production out of all of our receivers, Parker in particular.

We were talking about this on the VIP chatroom. I believe we're a real #1 WR from having a top offense. If Parker can come close to being that, then we'll be fine. If he doesn't have a big year then we'll move on from him and that'll be it. He's the key along with the team staying healthy, specially Tannehill

Nothing functioned right for the Dolphins last years. No one really did anything too impressive on offense except maybe Drake. This year is a fresh slate, we got back RT, we had a nice draft and you guys can bet that a plan is in place for a post June 1 signing at DT. We have to wait until some money kicks in.

We were talking about this on the VIP chatroom. I believe we're a real #1 WR from having a top offense. If Parker can come close to being that, then we'll be fine. If he doesn't have a big year then we'll move on from him and that'll be it. He's the key along with the team staying healthy, specially Tannehill

I agree 100%. Assuming Gesicki pans out, and as a receiving TE I see no way in hell he fails.... Parker is the missing piece for this to be a top offense. Either he breaks out this year (and stays healthy) or we'll be debating QB vs. WR in the first round next year.

Very happy with our first two picks I especially feel like the additional of Gesicki is going to be an absolute game-changer with what Gase wants to do on offense.

For god's sake he made the corpse of Julius Thomas relatively productive.....I expect very big things.

I think the O's effectiveness will depend, as always, on how this line does. That whole line is a big question mark as far as I'm concerned with 3 new starters.

I think the O's effectiveness will depend, as always, on how this line does. That whole line is a big question mark as far as I'm concerned with 3 new starters.
Absolutely. And most teams see a key Oline injury early on. How much faith is there in the backups being any good?

I agree! While I have no faith in Kalen Ballage as a runner, he can pass protect, catch the ball out of the backfield and contribute on 3rd downs as well as special teams. There are a lot of reasons to be excited!

In Denver we saw Gase's offense with a seam threat TE, and Mike Gesicki is going to be fantastic at that. As a chain mover, he is going to be better than Jarvis Landry was ... and I know people will hate hearing that, but by next offseason I think they will reluctantly agree. As a red zone threat, Gesicki will be dominant. I'm actually curious how DeVante Parker performs this year, because either he shows up and demands a contract extension, or Gesicki replaces him and Parker gets released. Let's hope Parker responds to the competition.

We have not had a real running game since Richie Incognito left. There, someone finally said it. While Ajayi had games of productivity, we could only open run lanes against inferior run defending teams. But, with Josh Sitton and a blossoming Jesse Davis at guards, coupled with an average Kilgore at center, we suddenly become a team that can open run lanes against most teams. This will make it easier for Tannehill to hit his passes with less DB's in coverage. Also, the improved pass protection should allow us to run deeper routes, taking advantage of the speed we seem to have everywhere in our WR's and TE now. And, with Ted Larsen healthy again and a redshirt year under Isaac Asiata's belt, hopefully we should see better consistency when we inevitably have injuries along the OL.

A team that has short DB's will face the lineup of 6'4 DeVante Parker, 6'6 Mike Gesicki, and 6'5 Durham Smythe. A team that has big DB's but lacks quickness will face a lineup of Kenny Stills, Jakeem Grant, Danny Amendola, and the guy we got form KC whose name escapes me at the moment. Tannehill is going to have at least one favorable matchup almost every play.

This is the year I'm expecting our offense to really surge forward.
Great post. Wish they would bring the post of the day option back. I am really excited to see this offense in action.

I agree! While I have no faith in Kalen Ballage as a runner, he can pass protect, catch the ball out of the backfield and contribute on 3rd downs as well as special teams. There are a lot of reasons to be excited!

In Denver we saw Gase's offense with a seam threat TE, and Mike Gesicki is going to be fantastic at that. As a chain mover, he is going to be better than Jarvis Landry was ... and I know people will hate hearing that, but by next offseason I think they will reluctantly agree. As a red zone threat, Gesicki will be dominant. I'm actually curious how DeVante Parker performs this year, because either he shows up and demands a contract extension, or Gesicki replaces him and Parker gets released. Let's hope Parker responds to the competition.

We have not had a real running game since Richie Incognito left. There, someone finally said it. While Ajayi had games of productivity, we could only open run lanes against inferior run defending teams. But, with Josh Sitton and a blossoming Jesse Davis at guards, coupled with an average Kilgore at center, we suddenly become a team that can open run lanes against most teams. This will make it easier for Tannehill to hit his passes with less DB's in coverage. Also, the improved pass protection should allow us to run deeper routes, taking advantage of the speed we seem to have everywhere in our WR's and TE now. And, with Ted Larsen healthy again and a redshirt year under Isaac Asiata's belt, hopefully we should see better consistency when we inevitably have injuries along the OL.

A team that has short DB's will face the lineup of 6'4 DeVante Parker, 6'6 Mike Gesicki, and 6'5 Durham Smythe. A team that has big DB's but lacks quickness will face a lineup of Kenny Stills, Jakeem Grant, Danny Amendola, and the guy we got form KC whose name escapes me at the moment. Tannehill is going to have at least one favorable matchup almost every play.

This is the year I'm expecting our offense to really surge forward.

When you think of Ballage think of Terry Kirby. He has potential to be a good goal line back too - punch it in. And remember at ASU there was so much coaching and scheme turn over that he may really blossom under the right coaching. He seems to lack vision which likely is not coachable so he is more of change up runner. But with him you can split him out and create so many match up problems because of speed.

Which is why I don't understand why so many people think Miami is headed for a top 5 pick in the draft.
ESPN currently ranks Miami as the worst team in the NFL in their "power rankings" due to all the stars lost, and the NFL put them in 1 Thursday night game for prime time that's it. Nobody out there is looking at the Dolphins. Week 7 or 8 I hope people out there are saying, "who are these guys?" The potential is there, but the potential for a 4-12 record is also there. There are a whole lot of unknowns on this team. Should be interesting.

100% agree!

Tho --- we are NOT in a position to take the most optimistic slant on this team (based on the past 20 year+ history).

I expected the O to be a scoring machine last year (before Thill went down) and still thought Cutler could be a "winning" move.

Too many (consistent) broken dreams with this team = gotta be a realistic ??????

I still believe Ross is bad football karma...

So let's see what really happens!

BNF

Back
Top Bottom