On second thought, let Daniels start | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

On second thought, let Daniels start

dolphinman23

Starter
Reaction score
Ok, we are not rebuilding, we can be playoff contenders, but signing Ty to a 1 year deal would only hurt us in the long run. Even if he does sign, no way he stays for longer then a year, so I say we just let daniels start, let him take his licks and try to concentrate on Schulters...

Oh and who votes on a release of reggie "im overpaid" howard?

I say let the best cornerback in training camp start.

But I'll be pulling for Travis because he's from LSU and he knows the D. Not to mention he's good.

I see the thinking involved, but even if he knows the system Travis has to get use to NFL caliber WRs. Confidence is a VERY important attribute for corners to have, and that confidence can be ruined for a long time by throwing an untrained pup to the wolves.

Yeah he might struggle but he will improve his skills throughout the season.

ckparrothead said:
Or get worst as the season progresses as his confidence wears down.

bit pessimistic are we? But i understand why. I'd rather let daniels start though. It can't get any worse then what we went through, and honestly, if daniels gets about 3-5 INTs and maybe scores a touchdown this season, then we have every reason to get really excited about the guy. Who knows, this could be the start of a Cornerback who stays with our team for another 10 years. Either way though, i think travis starts next season anyway, so maybe its better to just get the ball rolling now.

I would really like to see Daniels start, only if he earns it though. Wouldn't it be great for him to come in and take complete control of a starting spot(most likely asking too much from him)? Then we would most likely have BOTH of our successors for Surtain and Madison in the form of Poole and Daniels. That would be sweet.

I would let howard start and give more playing time to daniels as the season goes through....By week 10 or so he would be splitting half time with howard and if he proves himself he would be the starter by the end of the season.

at this point im not putting any faith in Poole anymore. it sucks what happened to him, but i don't know about him anymore.

Saban4prez said:
at this point im not putting any faith in Poole anymore. it sucks what happened to him, but i don't know about him anymore.
How come? He can fully recover from his injury.

Saban4prez said:

How old is Poole and how injury proned is he? I ask because if he is young and his first major injury, it may not be that huge of a deal... But I don't know...

Nublar7 said:
I would really like to see Daniels start, only if he earns it though. Wouldn't it be great for him to come in and take complete control of a starting spot(most likely asking too much from him)? Then we would most likely have BOTH of our successors for Surtain and Madison in the form of Poole and Daniels. That would be sweet.

I love that thinking....I have always wondered about who will replace they guys that made up the D....Zach, Sam, Pat, and JT, we have a pretty good feeling of who will lace it up after Zach and heres to Channing have a great Career...but to see Daniels working up to expectations and then Will coming back succesfully from injury will be big for the future of this defence...i could see it now....we'll have Will, Travis, Channing, And Matt....if they pan out our defence will still be one of the best in years to come

You can have Ty Law. By the way you can also take Richard Shaw.Only joking if you thought we would let Dickie go then there is a serious problem with you!

hey i know its just wishful thinkin

Back
Top Bottom