On Sunday, Jakeem Grant’'s 101-yard kickoff return broke the dolphins' franchise record for most special teams returns for a TD (VIDEO) | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

On Sunday, Jakeem Grant’'s 101-yard kickoff return broke the dolphins' franchise record for most special teams returns for a TD (VIDEO)

His rookie year he muffed a lot of punts, then seemed to be cured of it in year 2. This year he’s muffed what feel like a ton. Shame they don’t trust him / can’t catch them reliably because he’s a much bigger threat than the guy they put back there now.
I think even if his hands were reliable there might be a concern that he'll be obliterated by the larger boys while fielding punts :D

No but it’s probably why it’s in our minds that he scored more. I wonder what % of all kick and punt returns have holding / block in back on them?
Way too many, and you wouldn't think it would be as big of an issues as it is. It's been this way for decades.

Is it inconsistent referees? Is it lack of coaching/discipline?

I get the feeling that coaches don't even get that upset by it, as compared to other infractions. That would indicate it's more of a problem with the rules being subject to "judgement". Perhaps it's just one of those things where the NFL believes any substantial change would give one side a clear advantage over the other, or possibly lead to more injuries.

Way too many, and you wouldn't think it would be as big of an issues as it is. It's been this way for decades.

Is it inconsistent referees? Is it lack of coaching/discipline?

I get the feeling that coaches don't even get that upset by it, as compared to other infractions. That would indicate it's more of a problem with the rules being subject to "judgement". Perhaps it's just one of those things where the NFL believes any substantial change would give one side a clear advantage over the other, or possibly lead to more injuries.
You hit on something that I hadn’t thought about before - that the coaches don’t flip out at those calls. You may be on to something as they may be resigned to the fact that anytime a returner changes direction the risk of a hold goes way up as the blocker can’t possibly know he’s now compromised. It puzzles me why the NFL hasn’t addressed the volume of flags on this exciting part of the game but you’re probably right in that it has to do w player safety.

I don’t understand why he doesn’t return punts also.

In punt return you have to quickly and decisively decide if to field it or fair catch it...you have to have great concentration to make at times catches with either opponents around you or coming full speed at you, and you have to be a play maker, speed will do little for you in at least the first few seconds.

Grant is too inconsistent, add player coming to knock his undersized block off, and punt returning is not for him.

As someone who returned punts and KR's it's more of a mind game on a PR,. You do not have as much time to watch who's coming at you, you have to look then decide when the ball is in the air what your decision is. KR you have about 15 yards to decide :)

I remember in high school our pr wasn’t very good and he got smoked so many times by not fair catching lol.

I remember in high school our pr wasn’t very good and he got smoked so many times by not fair catching lol.
Anyone remember the Thanksgiving Day nasty hit Lions WR Leonard Thompson put on Giants return man Leon Bright? Bright never called for FCs. He near got killed / still might be the most violent hit on a PR I can ever recall.

Unfortunately, Miami’s two-game win streak was snapped at the hands of Josh Allen and the Buffalo Bills. But it wasn’t all doom and gloom for Miami

Jakeem Grant broke the Dolphins’ franchise record for most kick/punt returns for a TD.

Here’s a look at his four career TDs.

Just realized he got the Titans 2x / different seasons.

Anyone remember the Thanksgiving Day nasty hit Lions WR Leonard Thompson put on Giants return man Leon Bright? Bright never called for FCs. He near got killed / still might be the most violent hit on a PR I can ever recall.

I still don't understand how Terrell Buckley didn't get killed on his pretend i called a fair catch and take it to the house TD. Tried it in Green Bay but it didn't work as well as the FSU attempt.

Back
Top Bottom