Once again who will back up Ronnie if....... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Once again who will back up Ronnie if.......

mattgilm

Island Dolphin
Reaction score
Ricky does not come back and do we need to draft a RB if Ricky is not in the backfield?:dolphins:

Last edited by a moderator:
Ricky is ready and will be back...expect a great year running the ball! We will draft at least two lineman most likely a center and a left tackle. Joe Staley from Central Michigan would be a great tackle and Doug Datish will a great choice for the center.

Ricky does not come back and do we need to draft a RB if Ricky is not in the backfield?:dolphins:
we will know by the begining of april if he will, cuz that is when he is allowed to re-enroll. i believe he will be back and will be good. im not worring about the run game unless it is the line

why is hadnot so bad at center?
i think LT- LG is more of a concern to improve than center?

He will be back and the fact that Mueller and Cameron haven't pursued any running backs that means they plan on keeping Ricky if he is allowed to come back and play.

why is hadnot so bad at center?
i think LT- LG is more of a concern to improve than center?
I personally think Hadnot is fine at center and the left side of the line is much more important because we currently have nobody to rely on to play that position.

IF Ricky is reinstated he will more than likely be back with the Dolphins which will solidify our backfield. But that is a huge if and is nothing that anyone in the Dolphins organization has any control over. We're basically at the mercy of the NFL at this point. So it's kind of foolish to automatically say "he'll be back."

MoTown Finman;1061915866[B said:
]Ricky is ready and will be back...expect a great year running the ball![/B] We will draft at least two lineman most likely a center and a left tackle. Joe Staley from Central Michigan would be a great tackle and Doug Datish will a great choice for the center.

I'm optimistic about that. Something tells me that Mueller doesn't want Ricky back. He did trade him back when he was GM of the Saints and we have yet to hear if he would take him back. If so, I think the Fins should draft a guy like Auburn's Kenny Irons in the middle rounds. I think this kid has first round talent. It be nice to have to Auburn Tigers in the backfield.

Ricky Williams will likely be back. But if he isn't, there are several guys still hanging around out there that could garner some interest from us. But they certainly lack the talent RW has.

Najeh Davenport, Antowain Smith, Nick Goings. No one that really turns heads. IF RW doesn't come back, we'd almost have to use a pick on a RB.

IF Ricky is reinstated he will more than likely be back with the Dolphins which will solidify our backfield. But that is a huge if and is nothing that anyone in the Dolphins organization has any control over. We're basically at the mercy of the NFL at this point. So it's kind of foolish to automatically say "he'll be back."
we r not at mercy with the nfl. ricky was suspended for 1 year. he will be re-enlisted as of the begining of april

we r not at mercy with the nfl. ricky was suspended for 1 year. he will be re-enlisted as of the begining of april

The NFL has the power to block his reinstatement.

I say we use a draft pick on Lorenzo Booker the RB from FSU. He could be a great nfl 3rd down back. He has excellent short yardage quickness, great hands, can sniff out first downs, and can make bg plays. HIs negatives are hes a smaller RB so he cant pound it inside, and he doesnt pass protect that well. He can allso be very valuably on Special Team, wether returning kicks or being a gunner. I think if we got him for say a 5th or 6th round pick it could be a very solid pick for us. He reminds me alot of Daren Sproles the RB from Kansas who was drafted by the Chargers in 05. But i honestly think that Booker is this years Maurice Jones-Drew.

Back
Top Bottom