One game behind the Bills | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

One game behind the Bills

Here's some random fun... Dolphins are currently 3rd in the AFC in fewest points allowed and only a fraction of a percentage point behind the Steelers for the 2nd spot. The Dolphins offense is now 8th in the AFC in scoring.

Don’t count the Patriots out yet.

BB is nothing if not dynamic. He will find a way to make positive adjustments on both sides of the ball.

We are also only one game out of a wildcard berth. Cleveland and Indy are both currently 4-2 and would be WC teams if the season ended today.

Since we play Cleveland later this year, we could help ourselves there.

This is my opinion on where this season is going... i see it similar to the 2018 bama season. They had to roll with Jalen Hurts because he didnt do anything to lose his job and he did just enough to bring them to the title game where we all know thats where he got exposed and Tua took the reigns from there...
Now Currently Tua is absorbing everything on the sideline while Fitz is doing just enough to win games (of course he still wants to keep his job but being pushed by Tua at the same time). Then If somehow we get to playoffs and Fitz is still the man, then let it play out. But if he starts struggling, i believe thats when Tua will be fresh to take it from there, no hesitation. From that point, Tua will be hard to stop, and hell shine even in the biggest spotlight

I don't fear Josh Allen long term. Tonight's game was another example. His accuracy has improved but it's not natural for him and in huge games that's not the guy I'd like to depend on. The Dolphins should worry more about the Jets getting Lawrence than anything Buffalo is capable of with Allen.

Of course, it was an awful schedule spot for the Bills, on a short week of their own and more importantly facing a Chiefs team with two days extra rest and coming off a home defeat as double digit favorite. Top teams on the road after a defeat are a monster scenario. That's why the line jumped 2 points. New England throughout its dominant era was extra terrific on the road following a loss.

Dolphins are fortunate not to catch the Rams this week, following their loss to the 49ers. Now it's favorable if the Rams defeat the Bears. That would be road non-division after Monday Night for the Rams, and coming off a victory. Vulnerable scenario, just like when we got Seattle in a friendly spot.

effin A man, Dolphins have a very real shot at the AFC east title this year and every year going forward. Let's make a couple trades and go for it!

Dolphins need veteran help at DT, and perhaps ILB and edge, and if the Panthers lose some more games Russell Okung could come available in a trade.

1603185870836.png

two chicks and playoffs at the same time, effin a man

While they’re at it, can they get Shaq Thompson too? ;)

**** that, Luke K is a huge outdoors man. He'd love Zach Sieler. I think we should trade for his rights. It ultimately makes Davis a better DT because all we would need to ask of Davis is to keep Luke clean.

We've feasted on the **** teams, but we had chances against the good teams we faced. The pats arent great but we were at a severe disadvantage against them since we had no clue what they would look like or what kind of game plan they would run with Cam, i think our second match up should look alot different.

Lets see how the o line holds up against the Rams in 2 weeks. we beat the Rams then i think we may be able to further this playoff dream.

I know we lost to Seattle and Buffalo but the blown coverages is was absolutely killed us in those games. We’ve swapped a rookie CB, youngest in the league, for a pro bowler and the difference has been very apparent. Even Minschew had an easy TD if he just hits it. The blown coverages are gone now. That makes us much tougher. Injuries really determine everything in the NFL, you have to think about who’s out there.

I’ll say it again having X, Jones and Eric Rowe (to take away TE’s) heathy is the key to the defense. With those 3 out there we’re tough to throw on and everything looks better.

Danny is a Debbie Downer?

:lol:

OK. I get your point.

But the strides the team has made over the past few weeks

coupled with the absolute realization we were at a severe handicap

at the start due to massive youth + 50% new roster + new coaches

are very encouraging. And as fans --we should reserve the right

to be excited and optimistic. Add to that what we've obviously

achieved on the OL and recent D performance -- coupled with

so many new players looking good and showing promise...

Not to mention the woolly mammoth in the room ---

some rookie QB and...

Well. Times have certainly been a helluva lot worse around here!
All good points. All I'm saying is this team has teased us so many times in the past(I know these are new players) that I have put my wall up and I'm on a wait and see. Hoping for the best but you can't blame me for being cautious.

I don't fear Josh Allen long term. Tonight's game was another example. His accuracy has improved but it's not natural for him and in huge games that's not the guy I'd like to depend on. The Dolphins should worry more about the Jets getting Lawrence than anything Buffalo is capable of with Allen.

Of course, it was an awful schedule spot for the Bills, on a short week of their own and more importantly facing a Chiefs team with two days extra rest and coming off a home defeat as double digit favorite. Top teams on the road after a defeat are a monster scenario. That's why the line jumped 2 points. New England throughout its dominant era was extra terrific on the road following a loss.

Dolphins are fortunate not to catch the Rams this week, following their loss to the 49ers. Now it's favorable if the Rams defeat the Bears. That would be road non-division after Monday Night for the Rams, and coming off a victory. Vulnerable scenario, just like when we got Seattle in a friendly spot.
While I feel Lawrence would be a step in the right direction that any team would love to have it takes more than that. It takes good coaching and overall good personnel decisions by the organization in addition to the elite QB to have a great team. Maybe the Jets can put all that stuff together but it remains to be seen and until they do I’m not afraid. If it was as simple as getting the best QB prospect the colts would have won 7 Super Bowls instead of shitting their pants on every trip to Foxboro to face the Patriots in a playoff game.

Allen appears to be coming back down to earth after his scorching start. That team has a lot of talent and they're probably going to waste their window trying to make Allen work.

Back
Top Bottom