One last move to make. | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

One last move to make.

The reason was people over used it and call others troll simply because they disagreed
I don't like what you posted. You must be a troll

Defend your argument without name calling.
If someone is ACTUALLY trolling report it and we will handle it
But but, name calling is so much more fun, and considerably more entertaining. If you disagree you must be a tro... yeah that. See how much more fun that was?

What would you say if they wanted Preston Williams in the deal? Yes.. he had some injuries, but when healthy he can play. We can still keep him relatively cheap for a while.

I'd say no

AcademicValidBarnowl-size_restricted.gif

I don't understand some of our fan base. They wanted to sign Kenny Golladay who signed a 4 year $72 million dollar contract with the Giants. With an average of $18 million a year. Julio Jones is a future HOF who will be for far less money and most likely will have better stats. The salary's for WR's will go up tremendously especially after the 2021 season.

I don't understand some of our fan base. They wanted to sign Kenny Golladay who signed a 4 year $72 million dollar contract with the Giants. With an average of $18 million a year. Julio Jones is a future HOF who will be for far less money and most likely will have better stats. The salary's for WR's will go up tremendously especially after the 2021 season.
Julio Jones is 32 years old and has lost a step... he's also missed games the last two years and has not scored more than 8 TDs in a season since 2012.

At this point, he is more name than game. Yes, I would trade for a 25 year old Julio Jones, but that guy is gone and there is only this older guy who has taken his place.

Golladay (not a guy that I wanted to sign) is only 28, and while I didn't want him, he does have more years left in his body than Mr. Jones has.

Julio Jones is 32 years old and has lost a step... he's also missed games the last two years and has not scored more than 8 TDs in a season since 2012.

At this point, he is more name than game. Yes, I would trade for a 25 year old Julio Jones, but that guy is gone and there is only this older guy who has taken his place.

Golladay (not a guy that I wanted to sign) is only 28, and while I didn't want him, he does have more years left in his body than Mr. Jones has.
The exact same things said against signing Moss after Oakland...how'd that turn out for NE?

Oddly... Moss was only 29 when he left Oakland... more in the Galloway range.
Moss 9 seasons and 138 games
Jones 10 season and 135 games

Oddly, seems very much the exact same range

Pfft...

Stop it.

Also: Moss made 9.5m in Oakland, then agreed to a massive pay cut to come to New England, where he made 3m.

So... if Jones can find a way to shave several years off of his body, and cut his salary down to about 3m... I'll offer the 4th round pick that the Patriots gave Oakland.

Last edited:
We signed a WR, drafted a WR and we have DVP and Williams. Hard no

Because he is old and we are still rebuilding. Also we have a lot questions going into next year. This year will be a bridge to building a Contender.

Julio Jones is a great fit for a team ready to win now.

I’d rather trade for James Robinson if possible. I’m quite happy with the WR’s we have at the moment. A lot of explosiveness there. DVP needs to stay healthy though to complement that.

Pfft...

Stop it.

Also: Moss made 9.5m in Oakland, then agreed to a massive pay cut to come to New England, where he made 3m.

So... if Jones can find a way to shave several years off of his body, and cut his salary down to about 3m... I'll offer the 4th round pick that the Patriots gave Oakland.
Imagine Bill Belichick having that leverage over a player. He had his own way of doing things. That’s why he is one of the greatest coaches of all time. Excited for Coach Flo and all the things he learned from his time in New England.

Imagine Bill Belichick having that leverage over a player. He had his own way of doing things. That’s why he is one of the greatest coaches of all time. Excited for Coach Flo and all the things he learned from his time in New England.
A lot of people have forgotten just how low Moss's stock had sunk in Oakland. He was vocally unhappy with being there and actually responded in a press conference that he took plays off and had a few drops because he was unhappy and it was affecting his focus.

When he moved to New England, he had one foot out of the league. He'd become toxic because of his horrendous attitude and selfish behavior. He was one of the best WRs in NFL history but he was a horrible and entitled human being... which is one of the reasons that he has almost completely disappeared following his career.

Guys like this get one 'come to Jesus' moment... if they are talented enough, and going to a well established team with a hard-ass coach is about the only way they can redeem themselves. He did... on the field, but he's still a lousy human being and a spoiled brat.

Back
Top Bottom