One More Article To Get Excited About Flores | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

One More Article To Get Excited About Flores

The lack of success in BBs coaching tree is so overplayed. No one knows what young coach will be good or fail. Flores certainly sounds the part and with essentially the same players Patricia had last season, developed as a play caller over the season. Pats defense excelled against the two top offenses in the league and Flores was instrumental in it. I’m excited to see what he can do.

The lack of success in BBs coaching tree is so overplayed. No one knows what young coach will be good or fail. Flores certainly sounds the part and with essentially the same players Patricia had last season, developed as a play caller over the season. Pats defense excelled against the two top offenses in the league and Flores was instrumental in it. I’m excited to see what he can do.
I would not have wanted Patricia for our HC but Flores I can get excited about.

I would not have wanted Patricia for our HC but Flores I can get excited about.
Lions made a big mistake going from Caldwell to a cheap BB imitation. Flores is his own guy and he brings Caldwell with him. That’s a win win in my opinion.

I know it's gonna be harder to cheat without a system in place and the NFL not having his back. Might even have to be on his own merits.

I think the Belichick coaching tree thing is underplayed, if anything. Think about it. The Pats have been dominating the NFL for 20 years, going to a Bowl about half the time, and winning the division all but once (I think). No NFL team has ever even sniffed that kind of success for that period of time. And in that time, how many coaches have gone off to experience some semblance of success away from daddy Belichick?

None. Can you explain that? I think their system of cheating with Goodell in their back pocket is at least a sane argument when compared to Belichick being some overlord, surrounded by mediocrity.

McVay made the rest of the NFL look silly this year yet the Pats knew what formation to be in every time. It was like they were in the huddle. Happened the entire playoffs. What a coincidence ...

https://sports.yahoo.com/patriots-d...-masterpiece-dolphins-ecstatic-072443869.html

Sure bit of a fluff piece but let's see encouragement from the national media now
I have to be honest about it but I (like probably most of us) have never really heard of the guy before he became a HC candidate with us. But since then I have only heard positive things. There was not even one voice saying that the job will be too much for him or that the HC gig comes to early etc.
Even when we got Gase there were voices who warned us (i.e. easy to coach Peyton, he increased Cutler's performance marginally etc).

I have not watched the game yesterday. My first Super Bowl I missed in years. I just could not stomach watching another Brady **** sucking manifesto. But looking at the scoreboard there is something to be said holding the Rams to 3 points.

This article seems to confirm it all.

"It would be a defining moment for Flores. But perhaps most importantly for Miami fans, it should be known as a game he called, not Belichick. Multiple Patriots players said so after the win Sunday night. And if that wasn’t enough, one personnel man very familiar with Flores and the Patriots even took the trouble to text as the game drew to a close: “[Flores] has called this entire game. I promise you.”"

Well that is encouraging. Most of the post-game reaction has been how much of a genius BB is not even mentioning Flores whatsoever. Good to know he actually called the game.

That being said, how about the gameplan and the concepts? Was he in on that as well, or was he just cooking from BB's recipes?

But even if he is a good play-caller, he won't be calling plays here, so hopefully he has the other skills to make it work as HC.

I know it's gonna be harder to cheat without a system in place and the NFL not having his back. Might even have to be on his own merits.

I think the Belichick coaching tree thing is underplayed, if anything. Think about it. The Pats have been dominating the NFL for 20 years, going to a Bowl about half the time, and winning the division all but once (I think). No NFL team has ever even sniffed that kind of success for that period of time. And in that time, how many coaches have gone off to experience some semblance of success away from daddy Belichick?

None. Can you explain that? I think their system of cheating with Goodell in their back pocket is at least a sane argument when compared to Belichick being some overlord, surrounded by mediocrity.

McVay made the rest of the NFL look silly this year yet the Pats knew what formation to be in every time. It was like they were in the huddle. Happened the entire playoffs. What a coincidence ...
The same could be said for any defense that shuts down any prolific offense. The cheating has been overplayed as well. The Pats have capitalized on three piss poor divisional opponents, getting home field through the playoffs and for the most part taken advantage.

Any fan of the other 31 teams would happily take the success they have had and defend the allegations of tainted championships to the death.

The samecould be said for any defense that shuts down any prolific offense. The cheating has been overplayed as well. The Pats have capitalized on three piss poor divisional opponents, getting home field through the playoffs and for the most part taking advantage.

Any fan of the other 31 teams would happily take the success they have had and defend the allegations of tainted championships to the death.

Once, sure. But over and over and over and over again? I'm starting to recognize a pattern ... and it's not the genius of Belichick. Especially when he's already been caught (and how he was caught ...) and the NFL did him a solid by destroying the evidence.

Happy with it? Probably. But I'm glad I don't have to side with a cheat. Winning won't last forever.

Last edited:
Seems to counter what romo said in game as far as who is pulling the strings

The quote about him calling the defensive plays against the top offense in the league and shutting them out without a TD, gets me excited with hope. I must admit I wanted Richard over him, but after reading stories about him using this team as leverage for a big pay day in Dallas, made me hate the guy.

I’m rooting for Flores to succeed, the guy has a presence and is likeable unlike previous coaches.

I'm going in with a hopeful mind that Flores is the answer. What's the alternative? Pretend I have an eye for talent when it comes to hiring NFL head coaches? Hopefully he's the answer or hopefully he sucks bad enough we can draft fairly high and hit on some blue chip talent.

Back
Top Bottom