One More Article To Get Excited About Flores | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

One More Article To Get Excited About Flores

It wasn't a cheating conspriacy.

It was another McVay special against a team with a semblance of a defense.

When he cant get his patented wide open crossing routes his offense is useless with the liability he has at qb. What the Patriots did is the same as what the Bears did.

The quote about him calling the defensive plays against the top offense in the league and shutting them out without a TD, gets me excited with hope. I must admit I wanted Richard over him, but after reading stories about him using this team as leverage for a big pay day in Dallas, made me hate the guy.

I’m rooting for Flores to succeed, the guy has a presence and is likeable unlike previous coaches.

I'm rooting for him as well. I'm just not ignoring history while doing so.

He does have a presence. Campbell and Sporano were the last HC's who had one. There are good qualities, for sure. I hope it's not all in vain again this time around.

I know it's gonna be harder to cheat without a system in place and the NFL not having his back. Might even have to be on his own merits.

I think the Belichick coaching tree thing is underplayed, if anything. Think about it. The Pats have been dominating the NFL for 20 years, going to a Bowl about half the time, and winning the division all but once (I think). No NFL team has ever even sniffed that kind of success for that period of time. And in that time, how many coaches have gone off to experience some semblance of success away from daddy Belichick?

None. Can you explain that? I think their system of cheating with Goodell in their back pocket is at least a sane argument when compared to Belichick being some overlord, surrounded by mediocrity.

McVay made the rest of the NFL look silly this year yet the Pats knew what formation to be in every time. It was like they were in the huddle. Happened the entire playoffs. What a coincidence ...

I highlighted the formation thing in another post. Romo was illustrating how the Pats DBs were lined up at various depths and were just waiting for the receivers at those exact depht and angles. I get being able to do that on some plays. But nearly all of them?

Either the Patriots have the greatest scouting and preparation department in the history of all sports or there's some level of funny business about that team.

When Flores gets here and coaches this team a little and more specifically game plans for opponents we're going to learn alot.

I refuse to believe that Belichick is such a genius that none from his coaching tree has been able to game plan so specifically for opponents.

Last edited:
I’m a Dolphins fan...... So I’m rooting for Flores. I would rather have gotten Richard.....But that’s water over the dam. I will say this....Flores is gonna have to prove it to me. As of right now...... I’m really not impressed.

I highlighted the formation thing in another post. Romo was illustrating how the Pats DBs were lined up at various depths and were just waiting for the receivers at those exact depht and angles. I get being able to do that on some plays. But nearly all of them?
Either the Patriots have the greatest scouting and preparation department in the history of all sports or there's some level of funny business about that team.

They knew what routes Cooks was running. Goff's erratic passes aside, you can't be in the pocket of someone that fast, especially when you don't possess the speed. You could tell the DB was anticipating where Cooks was going to end up and mirrored their coverage accordingly. That is either some next level coaching, or ...

I don't buy any of it. Hell, I smelled a rat before they were even caught. Now? Everything about that organization is dirty ... a perfect reflection of their coach.

Once, sure. But over and over and over and over again? I'm starting to recognize a pattern ... and it's not the genius of Belichick. Especially when he's already been caught (and how he was caught ...) and the NFL did him a solid by destroying the evidence.

Happy with it? Probably. But I'm glad I don't have to side with a cheat. Winning won't last forever.
We’ll have to agree to disagree on this one lol.

They knew what routes Cooks was running. Goff's erratic passes aside, you can't be in the pocket of someone that fast, especially when you don't possess the speed. You could tell the DB was anticipating where Cooks was going to end up and mirrored their coverage accordingly. That is either some next level coaching, or ...

I don't buy any of it. Hell, I smelled a rat before they were even caught. Now? Everything about that organization is dirty ... a perfect reflection of their coach.

It was very eerie to watch unfold real-time. It's also a possibility that the Patriots just have some unique(non-cheating) system in play that only a few are privy too. Belichick and 1 or 2 other people scout and give a basic blueprint to the assistant coaches on what the players need to work on for that opponent.

That's it! No outside side of those few actually knows what exactly they do to come up with these specific game plans.

Is it really though? I mean Romo was saying what they call all the time.

McVay's offense struggled against good defenses this year. Denver, Chicago and NE.

Denver's #s look better on paper because Gurley went off, but that's more Gurley being great than anything.

Is it really though? I mean Romo was saying what they call all the time.

McVay's offense struggled against good defenses this year. Denver, Chicago and NE.

Denver's #s look better on paper because Gurley went off, but that's more Gurley being great than anything.

You're likely right. Ideally, we all would have preferred the Saints in the SB. But the league wasn't having any of that.

The loss of Gurley was the main reason they lost. You can tell all game last night that he wasn’t 100%.
A healthy Gurley and Kupp, And they probably win that game.

Back
Top Bottom