One More Article To Get Excited About Flores | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

One More Article To Get Excited About Flores

At this point all we can do is root for him to be the real deal. Game plans really matter in the NFL and BB has been doing that for years. Was Flores a part of that game planning and everything else? It really doesn't matter now. He's got the job and now we'll find out how good or bad he is as a HC. There's a big difference between being a DC and a HC. Gase always acted like an OC instead of like a HC. I 'm hoping Flores won't make that mistake and that he'll act like a real HC who's in charge of the whole team.

Interesting article from Benoit here

I wanted the Rams to win, but that was not my prediction. Guys, you don't bet against the Pats. One day you'll be right, but that day is not today. Rams were down by a TD and I knew the game was over. No way was a young QB and head coach going to overcome Belichick.

I mean the Pats had a great defensive gameplan but even with that McVay and his staff (since Taylor was the QB coach snd is getting the Bengals job I'll include him as well) laid an egg with the gameplan and playcalling. They are a team built around the run and the playaction game. That wasnt used much.

Whether the Pats cheated again or not is a discussion for another day but as impressive as the D was the Rams offense was judt as bad

The quote about him calling the defensive plays against the top offense in the league and shutting them out without a TD, gets me excited with hope. I must admit I wanted Richard over him, but after reading stories about him using this team as leverage for a big pay day in Dallas, made me hate the guy.

I’m rooting for Flores to succeed, the guy has a presence and is likeable unlike previous coaches.

I agree with some qualifications. The game plan had to be good and playing tendencies was obvious. And it looked like the PATs had every one of the Rams receiver's routes memorized. That said, making the right play calls can't be understated.

Is it really though? I mean Romo was saying what they call all the time.

McVay's offense struggled against good defenses this year. Denver, Chicago and NE.

Denver's #s look better on paper because Gurley went off, but that's more Gurley being great than anything.

I agree! I mean could Romo really be smarter than every NFL coach? If he knows what's coming I'm sure the coaches do as well. I know he's garbage and never going to be taken seriously on here but Gase pretty much said the same thing in a presser. He said something along the liens of nobody is really doing anything that is that much different from anybody else (this would break Pats fans hearts) and although he said he was working on changing some alignment stuff for his running game in the bye week he ended his point with, "They still know what's coming, they know". He basically made it sound like Once you've scouted a team what's coming is pretty obvious, it's about executing the calls to stop it.

I don't know defensive calls to save my life but did anyone notice on Michel's 26 yard run our Boy Suh committed to the gap on the right (his right) which pretty much opened the hole on the left? I wonder if that was the call or if he was supposed to "stay home" (nice pop warner term I remember but I thought my coach was telling me not to come to the game) but guessed as he's often rumored to do in that big moment?

Back
Top Bottom