One more reason for ESPN to have a national week of silence.. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

One more reason for ESPN to have a national week of silence..

heffer111

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
"usually with the second pick in the draft, you get a guy where you say "wow", but ronnie brown didnt even START last year"

gotta love their analysts!

I hate ESPN. Not because I think they bash the Dolphins or anything, though I do think they are bias towards certain teams. I think their draft coverage actually kind of sucks. Personally, I think the emphasis on the coverage should be on the players being drafted. Their Day 2 coverage bounces all over the place, some rounds they have the running ticker, others don't; sometimes you have to wait for a recap of the past 5/10 picks to see who went, because they don't always announce them right away, especially after a commercial. I understand they're probably trying to appeal to a mass audience and that most people probably like it, but for me personally, it bothers me.
And I wish Chris Berman would retire.

I AGREE ESPN suck's
The website is even WORSE with the goddamm Orbitzad pop up.
BTW.... I can;t even watch espn when Stewart Scottt is on.....He sucks

thats no joke iwas listening toady in the 4th rd and they skiped from the 1st pick to the 6th pick and they did it again later. they skiped the dolphins picks it seemed like to me. am i wrong here?

ronnie brown played just as much as caddy did, he just wasnt the official "starter"

ESPNRadio was even worse i had to listen to the first round at work
Fox Sports Radio did a 100x better job then ESPN radio
790 THE TICKET did a better job.

Funny because every single analyst on ESPN projected us to pick Ronnie Brown...this wasn't a draft with blue chip guys, who were we supposed to take? Alex Smith wasn't even a legit #5, let alone #1

And whats with NFL Network. They give love to Crennell on his first draft as a head coach, but say aboslutely nothing about Saban. They didnt even have the Dolphins as one of the best drafts. WHAT THE HE DOUBLE HOCKEY STICK!

Bopkin02 said:
I hate ESPN. Not because I think they bash the Dolphins or anything, though I do think they are bias towards certain teams. I think their draft coverage actually kind of sucks. Personally, I think the emphasis on the coverage should be on the players being drafted. Their Day 2 coverage bounces all over the place, some rounds they have the running ticker, others don't; sometimes you have to wait for a recap of the past 5/10 picks to see who went, because they don't always announce them right away, especially after a commercial. I understand they're probably trying to appeal to a mass audience and that most people probably like it, but for me personally, it bothers me.
And I wish Chris Berman would retire.

Yeah man, I remember waiting for the us to make our round 3 pick, and then I see the clock go away, meaning the pick was in, and it STAYED like that, with now pick being showed, then they went to a COMMERCIAL, then they came back and TB was on the clock, I had to wait for them to cycle through all the teams picks and notes to see who we got, cuz they didn't have the ticker going at the time. Screw "appealing to a mass audience". Do they actually think "casual" fans watch the draft? It seems to me that the draft is just for us hardcore fans, basically it's a bunch of number crunshing and stats up the @ss etc etc. A casual fan may flip through to see who their team grabbed, but the people that actually watch ALL of BOTH DAYS are pretty hardcore fans, we want the FOOTBALL part of it, not all the other stuff they do.

heffer111 said:
"usually with the second pick in the draft, you get a guy where you say "wow", but ronnie brown didnt even START last year"

gotta love their analysts!

Actually on that bit of anaylsis, I am in agreement with. Ronnie Brown does not make me go wow. Also he was not Auburn's main tailback(Cadillac Williams was) so in effect the statement was correct. Also I did not remember seeing any game that Brown dominated.

ESPN is really good overall. Kiper is good, if you disagree with him or not he lives and breathes the draft. Berman is washed up, but I like Mortensen, Clayton and Pasquereli(sp?), alot. If they would stop hiring mediocre players like Salisbury, Golic, etc and duds like Irvin they would have great NFL coverage. I dont find them particularly biased against Miami and I watch them everyday. We've been a mediocre franchise for years its just the facts. Brown wasnt the starter, this is also a fact. I dont find any players in this draft particularly exciting so I can see what they are saying. No electric players like Manning, Vick, etc.

Didn't Barry Sanders back up Thurman Thomas. Take nothing away from Thomas but Sanders is the best ever.

Back
Top Bottom