One more thing.. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

One more thing..

PhinfanBo1

Scout Team
Reaction score
Obviously, he was an intriguing option as many NFL people pointed out. When Brunell was off the table (NOT because he weren't willing to get him, because we weren't STUPID), and Gibbs announced that they were keeping Ramsey, they went out and got him because clearly Spielman and Trestman watched all tha tape they could get their hands on of Feeley, talked to people all over the Combine, and made their decision. I'll take the word of two FOOTBALL people over some individuals on this board and others that want to jump on the organization, without doing research. Where the hell is the education in this country. And oh yea a "ridiculious" contract, 3.6 million for a starter who is getting a commitment, with obviously cap friendly figures in the first year or two is ridiculious. How bout twice that for somebody who is 34 years old, was the backup on a 5-11 team and has suffered numerous injuries. Oh yea that's fine, because Brunell is a "name." The guy is 25 years old, and will be a player. Mark my words.

I hope and pray you are right man! I still want Ramsey but as long as we drop Jay I guess it can't get much worse.

yeah i was thinking about this last night. Trestman, collier, and spielman obviously had to put alot of thought and time into this in order to pull the strings here this soon.

I always said that i wouldnt mind if we got a rookie QB in the draft and a guy like Mcmahon or Feeley and go with it.

Originally posted by PhinfanBo1
I'll take the word of two FOOTBALL people over some individuals on this board and others that want to jump on the organization, without doing research.

The very same "football people" that brought us Darrius Thompson in FA and drafted Moore?

The guy is 25 years old, and will be a player. Mark my words.

The guy wil be *27* in two months and is not a significant improvement over Fiedler.

Re: Re: One more thing..

Originally posted by Rick 1966

The guy wil be *27* in two months and is not a significant improvement over Fiedler.

That's what i said!!

Miami tried to get a deal done for Ramsey, but Washington steadfastly refuses to deal Ramsey. A. J. was the next best option that would give the Dolphins immediate impact and be a long term fixture at the position.

Miami wisely stayed away from getting into a bidding war over a QB that hasn't played football in 3 years.

Originally posted by KBISBACK
Miami wisely stayed away from getting into a bidding war over a QB that hasn't played football in 3 years.

ROFL! Yeah, MUCH better to go after a QB NO ONE ELSE WANTED instead, and give up a SECOND ROUND PICK for him...

Originally posted by Rick 1966

ROFL! Yeah, MUCH better to go after a QB NO ONE ELSE WANTED instead, and give up a SECOND ROUND PICK for him...

Do you have proof that noone else wanted him? I've already provided a link where Pat Kirwin rated him as the top RFA quarterback available this offseason.

Instead, you want a QB who started 8 games in his college career and has not played football in 3 years.

It's too soon to make judgments on this deal. The contract may be structured with clauses for performance and the pick given up may not be a second at all. I like it because I've seen enough of fiedler and I still believe they'll either draft someone high or pick up another veteran and make all this disgust over Feeley a moot point.

Originally posted by KBISBACK

Do you have proof that noone else wanted him? I've already provided a link where Pat Kirwin rated him as the top RFA quarterback available this offseason.

Instead, you want a QB who started 8 games in his college career and has not played football in 3 years.

No, I didn't want Henson. And tell me, does Pat represent any NFL front office?

Back
Top Bottom