One Of The Keys To Cameron Wake Thriving At 36? Let Him Explain. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

One Of The Keys To Cameron Wake Thriving At 36? Let Him Explain.

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score
hqdefault.jpg

The gist of it: Since becoming a pro, Wake has sacrificed all sorts of pleasurable activities, from consuming alcohol to fried foods to sugary desserts. The upshot has been a career that has featured five Pro Bowls, one first-team All Pro selection (2012) and 92 sacks, which ranks 42nd on the NFL’s all-time list.

Wake, 36, gave up alcohol in 2005, the year he went undrafted out of Penn State. He has said he hasn’t eaten fried foods or desserts (beyond fruit) since the Dolphins signed him out of the CFL in 2009.
Wake says there are no cheat days.

Read more here: https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/...y-jackson/article212911429.html#storylink=cpy

I might get flamed for this, but I'm pretty sure he's my favorite Dolphin.....ever. We're the same age and I admire the person just as much, if not more, than the player.

To me, while Wake had a serious head turning 3 to 4 years, I still hold higher regard to players like Bowens, Gardner and Armstrong from the 90s. Maybe because they actually won a bit more.

Feel like I’ve read this every year for the past 5 at least.

Yea no kidding lol, these writers must open up those old word documents, change the date and 8 words and call it a new story.

Props to him for not drinking 1 beer since 2005 or not eating moms cake or a French fry since 2009 . . . .many great players don’t go to those extremes and have great careers also.

He’s just a good dude with a great work ethic. Met him at the Sawgrass Best Buy a few years ago, very personable and I am glad we are likely making him A lifelong Dolphin. He deserves a decent January run before it’s over.

I don't eat fried food either. I also don't drink, smoke, do drugs or drink soda.........not sure I could get any sacks tho. Glad to see a guy making the most of his chance and doing the right thing.

It astonishes me every professional athlete doesn’t act this way. You’re making an insane amount of money and it has an expiration date. Why not work hard to extend that expiration date and handle the abuse that comes with it along the way.

Wake is the man. Hope the kids on the team are paying attention.

Edit: I also now feel really bad for ordering a massive piece of chocolate cake. That will be delivered to my hotel in about 30 minutes. I mean, I’m going to eat it, but it’ll be less enjoyable now.

Edit: I also now feel really bad for ordering a massive piece of chocolate cake. That will be delivered to my hotel in about 30 minutes. I mean, I’m going to eat it, but it’ll be less enjoyable now.
That's one less sack for you.

Crowder has some really good Wake stories. How some of the defensive guys would order some wings or something to bond as a group and Wake would stop off and get a banana instead LOL

Crowder has some really good Wake stories. How some of the defensive guys would order some wings or something to bond as a group and Wake would stop off and get a banana instead LOL

Crowder told a story once how Cam Wake ordered a salad at a strip club and refused to take a shot of patron

Back
Top Bottom