"one of the non-talked about battles going on at camp" | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

"one of the non-talked about battles going on at camp"

dolphan39

Maria & LauRen Aha!
Reaction score
Camp Dolphins Day 5: Seth McKinney Battling For The Center Position
While everyone is focusing on the battles going on at the wide receiver, linebacker and safety positions, Dolphins Head Coach Dave Wannstedt said the play of second-year center Seth McKinney is making things interesting at that position as well.

"His best position is going to be center," Wannstedt said. "Can he play guard? No question about it, but he’s going to be an outstanding center. Tim Ruddy’s having a good camp [too]. That’s probably one of the non-talked about battles going on at camp.â€Â
so much for McKinney knocking off Perry, watch out Ruddy.

I don't think Perry is out of the woods either.

Seth was a great pick up last year but I prefere keeping Rudy at center one last year an putting Seth at guard for this season. Rudy is a better player at his position then Perry in my opinion and I want the fish to try to have the best sqad on the field as possible.

I think Seth may be as good as Ruddy at center. The key is, is Ruddy as good at back-up Guard? Answer is No. That's why with so much riding on this year I too think Ruddy will start at center and Seth will back-up both Center and Guard.

Originally posted by Muck
I don't think Perry is out of the woods either.

The Miami Herald Perry, who declined a request by the team to take a pay cut in the offseason, appears to be an easy target to save money. The team would save $1.2 million against the cap this year and $850,000 next season if he is let go.

Perry braces for battle

I was thinking the same thing, and there has been some mention of this. I'm thinking if Seth takes the starting job, Perry will get his walking papers. However, this also will require Taylor Whitley stepping up at guard and Wade Smith at Tackle. I'm hoping this injury senario would never happen, but here we go. This way if Seth gets hurt... Whitley comes in. If nails gets hurt... Dixon moves back over to guard and Wade Smith takes his place. If Ruddy goes down... Seth moves over to center and Whitley takes his place. If Dixon went down... Wade Smith would come in. If Todd Wade went out... Greg Jerman or Tim Provost would come in. These young guys had better do some stepping it up in TC if Perry gets released.

Our O-Line should exactly like last year, I think McKinney needs another year to learn.

I think if Seth wins the Guard spot, we should keep Perry for this year at least. Quality depth should never be overlooked.

Moving McKinney back to center means that the line won't change. Barring injury the same 5 will be back.

Back
Top Bottom