One of this drafts most important Dolphins selections - Center | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

One of this drafts most important Dolphins selections - Center

To everyone saying "Well if we draft X and Y, we'll have the entire line shored up!!"

What is one of those 2 busts? Clearly it can happen. Look at last year - we drafted three and everyone's ready to write em off. So what happens then? Do we keep drafting 1st round linemen?

He traded up.
Again your missing the point in your own argument. My comment simply references not addressing a position multiple years in a row via draft. I don't think that happens anymore. We addressed T and G in last year draft and not C. We need a C. I do not believe we pass again. That's all I'm saying. Nothing to do with drafting any specific person last year.

Again your missing the point in your own argument. My comment simply references not addressing a position multiple years in a row via draft. I don't think that happens anymore. We addressed T and G in last year draft and not C. We need a C. I do not believe we pass again. That's all I'm saying. Nothing to do with drafting any specific person last year.
I get what you're saying. Trust me, I do. But a good C can be had next year..maybe Flo gives Skura a "Show me" chance..and gets a guy to develop in the 5th-7th rounds..and if all fails goes C next year! :shrug:

I get what you're saying. Trust me, I do. But a good C can be had next year..maybe Flo gives Skura a "Show me" chance..and gets a guy to develop in the 5th-7th rounds..and if all fails goes C next year! :shrug:
So then you don't get it cause I'm not and I don't think FloCo go yet another year not addressing a position of need in 2 drafts with 20+ total picks...

So then you don't get it cause I'm not and I don't think FloCo go yet another year not addressing a position of need in 2 drafts with 20+ total picks...
I get what YOU think..I just think Differently.

Difference in opinion, brother..it's what makes the World go round. 🌎

I think OL might be a bigger priority than people think, Flowers is as good as gone after the season as I believe his cap hit goes away and there will be a hole.

At the moment I think that is Kindleys spot in the future, but if Skura is a stop gap and Hunt shows he is a better G than T then while you have pieces moving forward you still have a few holes. Might get a C earlier (top 3 rounds) just because the depth isn’t there.

Don’t be shocked if at 18 a good T falls and they grab him. Then take a C with 50 or their round 3 pick. I agree the offense needs a boost this draft but getting players on the front is key for that. So while I think 6 is for a playmaker one of 18 or 36 are very likely to be OT/C should a one fall

What's with Deiter? Will he ever be a starting C or OG? Don't misunderstand what I'm asking as I am all for drafting a C early like in 2nd round, but you don't hear anything about Deiter.

What's with Deiter? Will he ever be a starting C or OG? Don't misunderstand what I'm asking as I am all for drafting a C early like in 2nd round, but you don't hear anything about Deiter.
I believe he is still developing. Right now I feel he is a solid piece to have as first in back up. With the opportunity to move into a starting role. Maybe something like this after next year:
Jackson, Dieter, Creed, Kindley, Hunt

I'm not taking any center 1st round.

Humphrey is the only center I would take 2nd round, can't take Dickerson top 50 with that injury history.

Dickerson, Myers, Meinerz are my 3rd round options.

Trey Hill and Michael Menet would be day 3 options

The article hits the nail on the head. While I'm not down on Dickerson ... I think too many Alabama OL prospects end up being overrated and injury-prone. So, I fear those things with him--particularly the injuries. OL is a demanding position, and guys who have to carry 300+ lbs around and deal with intentional train wrecks on a daily basis ... eventually break down. If that process starts in college, it does not bode well to the longevity of their pro careers. Like RB, when drafting an OL, we must consider how much tread is left on the tires, and Dickerson scares me, despite the fact he is a great prospect.

By contrast, I'm a huge fan of Creed Humphrey and not nearly as concerned about injuries. He is my C#1. But honestly, I'm absolutely enthralled by Quinn Meinerz (sp?). Small school prospects always are a huge question with technique and speed to adapt their game up to the NFL level. But at the Senior Bowl he proved he was probably the best pure OL there. Dominant 1v1, with incredible functional strength and exceptional mobility .. he's there physically. Technique-wise he was shockingly good. One of those naturally strong kids, he also seems durable and low-wear with much tread on his tires. He clearly has the fire, and if the coaches are satisfied he has the mentality to learn and master our playbook, then I'm 100% sold. Since most coaching staffs want guys they've realized they can comfortably work with and have proven abilities from their time at coaching these events ... I'm hoping he's the guy we come away from the Senior Bowl drafting. But me ... I'm making him a pulling guard. He may be able to play C and he may be good at it ... but that mobility and functional strength has me drooling to add him as a pulling guard. IMHO, he'd instantly be the best guard we have on this team and he kinda reminds me of Logan Mankins.

Last edited:
Just for the hell of it,

RT is possibly even more important...... You know Tua a lefty. blind side protection.

Keep eye out for Sewell obvious

Teven Jenkins ( legit RT )

Spencer Brown (also a legit RT ) and a monster. Flores had at the Senior Bowl
Didn't Hunt play very well down the stretch last year?

Sounds like what we were saying last year around this time

Didn't Hunt play very well down the stretch last year?
Very well indeed!

You can attemp to upgrade him, but I just cant see us doing that if we're looking at a pure potential stud like the Whitewater D3 kid rather than the 9th ranked OT turned OG from SEC School #3. Griers history suggests he shoots for the stars with "luxury" picks and we currently have a starter viewed as "fringe" between starter and backup, so we have the ability to draft a guy who could turn into a pro bowl Center

Back
Top Bottom