One position where Dolphins feel they’re good enough, and another that’s now a priority | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

One position where Dolphins feel they’re good enough, and another that’s now a priority

I hear you and the trade down POV. My concern with it is you often wind up w a lot of JAGs instead of a couple of studs you can build around with other JAGs.

Your right, but right now I see a lot of JAG's as being a big improvement over where we are now, player wise.

There will probably 2 or 3 very good players (studs) that we draft in the first round and that will certainly help, but we need a lot of good solid players (which I assume you mean when you say Jags) and then we can use Free Agency to try and get some better players.

I hope we don't go crazy spending a lot for 1 or 2 FA's.

I'd like to see us get 4 or 5 FA's as long as we keep a little cash back for the inevitable injury to a key player who we will need to replace from Free Agency due to the short time to get up to speed and the need for immediate performance under those conditions.

Your right, but right now I see a lot of JAG's as being a big improvement over where we are now, player wise.

There will probably 2 or 3 very good players (studs) that we draft in the first round and that will certainly help, but we need a lot of good solid players (which I assume you mean when you say Jags) and then we can use Free Agency to try and get some better players.

I hope we don't go crazy spending a lot for 1 or 2 FA's.

I'd like to see us get 4 or 5 FA's as long as we keep a little cash back for the inevitable injury to a key player who we will need to replace from Free Agency due to the short time to get up to speed and the need for immediate performance under those conditions.
Yes agree especially on FA. I don’t want to break the bank - it’s almost never worth it.

I can understand why they think this way and the group performed as well as any group this past year, in Williams and Parker we have two excellent big body guys and if the bring Wilson back they have two shorter fast options for the slot, alongside Grant. Add to that Hurns and Ford whom they clearly like a lot and should signs last year. That looks good on paper. However both Williams and Parker have injury question marks over them, Williams returning from a serious one this year and Parker has been oft injured during his first 4 years with the team. Also on the treatment table for prolonged periods have been Grant and Wilson. This wideout class in the draft is stacked and we shouldn't in my view bypass it because we think we are set there. We can improve our corps easily in this draft.

I do agree CB is a huge area of concern and we need to prioritise it in either FA or the draft, wouldn't be shocked if 18 or 26 is a CB, I think round 1 could easily go, Tua, OT, CB. My preference would be Jones and Fulton at those spots right now.

I can understand why they think this way and the group performed as well as any group this past year, in Williams and Parker we have two excellent big body guys and if the bring Wilson back they have two shorter fast options for the slot, alongside Grant. Add to that Hurns and Ford whom they clearly like a lot and should signs last year. That looks good on paper. However both Williams and Parker have injury question marks over them, Williams returning from a serious one this year and Parker has been oft injured during his first 4 years with the team. Also on the treatment table for prolonged periods have been Grant and Wilson. This wideout class in the draft is stacked and we shouldn't in my view bypass it because we think we are set there. We can improve our corps easily in this draft.

Again, I don't read Miami as EXCLUDING WR from their targets - only prioritizing deeper holes. Iif a quality WR is available at a good price, I think they take him. That said, I don't think it will be R1.

Back
Top Bottom