One Publication Believes The Dolphins Will Surprise | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

One Publication Believes The Dolphins Will Surprise

Appreciate the response.

Why do you have us losing to the Patriots both games? Your explanation better be good. LOL.

Because NE is better. I’d take NE 7-8 times out of 10. Sure, Miami can beat any team any Sunday. So maybe Miami takes 1, but if I’m looking at both teams vs each other then NE has the better shot each time. I’ll start with the obvious, they have a better QB, coach and organizational culture. Their o line is much better, some question marks at tackle, but their rookie G Wynn is so good he may start at LT. They grade out much higher overall than Miami according to PFF. WR group has question marks every year and every year they get it done. Rookie RB in Michel could be the steady RB they’ve been looking for while Burkhead showed capable of being the type of all purpose back they like and TD machine. TE, not anyone better than Gronk although Gesicki will be in the league longer. On D, NE has holes and unknowns like Miami. NE’s LB probably a bit better while Miami’s secondary will be much better. DL has similar question marks between the two with no huge sack threat on either side; guess I could argue either way. Same on the interior. All in all, I expect Belicheck to get more out of his players and win more games. The future is bright in Miami, but not until next year. I hope!

I could see Minnesota and Jacksonville being losses too. Could easily flip two other games to wins and still get 8-8, like winning vs Tennessee and Oakland for example. Just think that MN and JAX are some tough games

As do I...my prediction has a little to do with flow of the season, growth as the season progresses and what this team will be fighting for the last quarter of the season. It’s going to take some time for this team to put it together. If their approach truly is foundational and sustainable, then that takes time to develop. I figure they’ll be going into the last half of the season needing to fight back. Gase’s systems taking off and both Gase and this roster fighting for his job. Big wins late in the season should buy him another year.

As do I...my prediction has a little to do with flow of the season, growth as the season progresses and what this team will be fighting for the last quarter of the season. It’s going to take some time for this team to put it together. If their approach truly is foundational and sustainable, then that takes time to develop. I figure they’ll be going into the last half of the season needing to fight back. Gase’s systems taking off and both Gase and this roster fighting for his job. Big wins late in the season should buy him another year.
I see that as a possibility, but I think it is just as likely that RT used the lost season to see things from a new perspective. After two brutal rehabs, he could be like a caged animal, ready to wreak havoc.

If Gase's system, and vision is the real deal, he has enough tools to get it done.

We have a complicated offensive and defensive scheme. The true measure of success is whether these new guys and vets alike, can grasp and implement the plays. Everyone on our team has talent or they wouldn't be here. The question is can they learn and crush the systems.
Dead on which is the drum I have been beating for quite awhile. My take is that our main hope lie in the new assistant coaches brought in. If they can get the team up to speed thats the difference maker along with our defensive coordinator Burke improving his in game adjustments. Last year proved Gase at this point is not capable of getting it done by himself. Gase calls a good game on the offence imo but the cohesiveness of the different units was not there. Wonder if what Gase will do if Burke falters during the season.

All those past stats can be tossed out the window. The stage is set for Tannehill to become a star in the NFL and it's my contention that this is a very talented offense and RT will lead them to an excellent season. . We have the players on O to roll out Gase's system in it's entirety. The whole play book is something I'd like to see. We never would have seen it with Ajayi and Landry because for some reason they didn't put in the home work time needed. But, now we have a roster of team first players and imo it's a perfect mix of veterans and youth. If the current Dolphin team played last years Cutler led Dolphins team RT's group would kill them.

Jahn, I live in S FL. and I'm hearing a ton of good things about Harris. He'll see major snap this season because he's just too good to keep off the field. He is doing all the right things in the off-season to improve his game. I really like the kid, I expect a nice jump in production.

The way I see it, everything would have to go wrong to end up 6-10. And, everything to go right to be 10-6. 8-8 seems the most realistic.
Damn, some of your posts I just really like and others I despise lol. This is a good one though, hoping for better than 8-8 but its certainly possible

Ive said this in a few other threads and Im sticking by it until proven otherwise.....

Tannehill returning to our Fins will be the single biggest upgrade to an offense in the ENTIRE NFL.

Cutler did not even rank in the top 32 QBs last year (wow), while Tanne has never been outside of the top 16 his entire career, and looked his best his last year playing for us.
I say jimmy graham

My prediction for whatever it's worth....

TN: W
N.Y: W
OAK: W
NE: L
CIN: W
CH: W
DET: W
HOU: L
N.Y: W
GB: L
IND: W
BUF: W
NE: W
MN: L
JAX: W
BUF: L

4-2 in the AFC East. That could improve if the Pats fall as most are predicting and the Bills pull the usual fail at the end of the season....

Back
Top Bottom