One Thing I Haven’t Seen…… | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

One Thing I Haven’t Seen……

I like Grier a lot. Obviously, the Austin Jackson and Noah Igbinoghene picks are unforgivable for some, and honestly, that’s understandable. There was All Pro talent on the board at the time of both picks at positions of need. I get that. I also understand the vision, and the Austin Jackson selection in particular. After taking Tua at #5, the Dolphins were working the phones trying to get back up for Wirfs. Reportedly, the cost was too high. The Jackson pick was a bit of a panic, but they had to replace Tunsil and he was regarded as a high ceiling prospect. Kid just wasn’t coached until this year. The Igbinoghene pick, well, I’m convinced that was all Flores and his infatuation with Auburn kids in that pre-draft process.

But man did he rebound as a GM…. The following draft, you grab Jaylen Waddle, Jaelen Phillips (wake up there, buddy), and Jevon Holland in the first two rounds. That’s just an incredible, potentially franchise altering draft. Then, the following year we go all in on Tyreek Hill. I love it. I love his aggressiveness when he sees a fit, and I love the fact that he’s one of the best in the business at getting value when dealing his guys.

Chris has done a fantastic job when you put everything into perspective. Lots of excellent points in this thread. He’s a coach’s GM, and he’ll do whatever it takes to acquire the players his head coach wants in the system.

We’ve done a great job rebuilding the organization as a whole from the ****-hole it became. Ironically, the only problem remaining in the house is the owner. I decided to give Chris a clean slate when he was officially named GM, and I’m not going to stay salty on him over missing on 2 high picks, when the other high picks he’s had to work with equate to Tua, Waddle, Phillips, Holland, Wilkins, and TYREEK HILL. And the jury is still out on Jackson for that matter, as well as Eich.

If you truly believe that we finally have the right coach and football team…. Then I think you kind of have to give some level of credit to the GM.
Someone who gets it

Grier is an enigma to me - sometimes he gets Kader Kohou and sometimes he reaches and he seems very not good….

Whatcha gonna do?

Everyone jumping on McDaniels jock strap and rightfully so but when you give some credit to Grier for getting him some of these players?
All heard over the past year how most of you hated Grier
How bout some of you eating crow BITCHES
Could be the entire (or most of it) problem was coached who hadn’t even coached a 5-year old flag football league during the Flores tenure. As funny as it sounds, the only truly established coach he had was Gailey - who despite the bashing he took - had us running our most productive offense in 20 years. Even if it really wasn’t an offense that can be successful in todays game to get you far. I’ll be so happy if eh see o-linemen in particular turn out to be really good players. I mean, they don’t look too shabby right now. If MM can turn Iggy around then send his t-shirt and glasses directly to the HOF 😆

Grier is an enigma to me - sometimes he gets Kader Kohou and sometimes he reaches and he seems very not good….

Whatcha gonna do?
I still think his worst picks were Charles Harris and Iggy. But he’s hit on plenty of other 1st and 2nd rounders of late so…

Chris Grier, Reggie McKenzie, and Marvin Allen are killing it.

Marvin Allen was with the Bills when they drafted Josh Allen and Edmunds. He was with the Chiefs when they drafted….yup, Tyreek Hill.
This. People think Grier is behind it all...he's not...McKenzie and Allen have had really good success and its no coincidence its really gotten better with these guys around.

I think I've been one of the biggest Grier supporters over the past few years... so I'm going to just sit here and smirk at y'all.
I was a big Grier supporter except for the day after Flores got fired. At that time, I thought Grier had stabbed Flores in the back to save his job. BOY WAS I WRONG! As the truth about Flores emerged and then seeing how Grier performed during that time and over the offseason, not only did I acknowledge my temporary insanity, I became a devout Grier fan. Is he perfect? No, but he has gone from a B to an A- GM in my book.

Everyone jumping on McDaniels jock strap and rightfully so but when you give some credit to Grier for getting him some of these players?
All heard over the past year how most of you hated Grier
How bout some of you eating crow BITCHES
Agreed. Grier was about as popular as barbed wire breakfast cereal 14 months ago. A lot need to issue a group public apology to him.

Been drinkin' again?

As someone who would have deep sixed Grier in a heartbeat, I've warmed up to him a bit, but ONLY because he brought in some GREAT help as mentioned in this thread.

I'm fine with him staying on, as almost anyone can learn. He's proven to be decent the last couple years and I don't think anyone should say otherwise.

I'll be damned if I'll eat crow on this one though ;)
Lol. Good of you to let him stay.

Grier doesn’t draft or sign a player without the HC say so. It’s his job to get the pieces of the jigsaw the HC wants (remember the story of him telling McD he could get Hill?)
He doesn’t sit in a room on draft days all on his own and make picks, so let’s not give him all the credit for the good picks or too much criticism on the less successful ones.
Has he made mistakes? Damn right.
Has he got some real gems? Yep.
No gets it right 100% of the time (except me and one or two others on here who benefit from 20/20 hindsight). He’s playing his part well.

Back
Top Bottom