One Thing Miami Won't Copy From New England? Salary Cap Allocation | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

One Thing Miami Won't Copy From New England? Salary Cap Allocation

They don't have their hearts set on a guy yet. Makes no sense for a GM to think like that, especially when there is another season of college ball to analyze. They probably just know that next years QB class has at least 3 strong prospects and that they want one of them.

I agree when it comes to coaches and GMs. But if an owner gets a hardon for someone, watch out.

Well, we will have a better idea when the draft comes and afterwards, if Tunsil gets extended or not.

People don't just let cornerstone LT's coming into their prime walk unless there is a larger looming issue.

As in, while you continue to harp on a single left handed QB who is 2yrs out and there is a 98% we don't get him, it doesn't have any barring on whether we re-sign Tunsil or not.

As in, if J'awuan James was more consistent in terms of games played and performance, he would have been resigned too - left or right handed quarterback be damned.

People don't just let cornerstone LT's coming into their prime walk unless there is a larger looming issue.

As in, while you continue to harp on a single left handed QB who is 2yrs out and there is a 98% we don't get him, it doesn't have any barring on whether we re-sign Tunsil or not.

As in, if J'awuan James was more consistent in terms of games played and performance, he would have been resigned too - left or right handed quarterback be damned.
I agree with you, mostly.

Tunsil needs to be signed. I'm just not sure he would be in the long term plans if we landed Tua.

Odds are, none of this matters, and even then, 2-3 years from now no one will remember this thread, lol.

that's only because his wife is worth half a billi. let's not make Tom look like a humanitarian here...

Trust me, I'm not trying to make TB look like something he's not. Just pointing out if he had not taken less than he could, NE would have less cap.

I agree with you, mostly.

Tunsil needs to be signed. I'm just not sure he would be in the long term plans if we landed Tua.

Odds are, none of this matters, and even then, 2-3 years from now no one will remember this thread, lol.

Your premise is completely foolish - based on your theory, every team with a right handed quarterback (read: most of them) would just have a mediocre player at RT... or even more so, teams wouldn't be paying $12-13mil/year for average RT play.

would offer 3 things ...

- 1st we need to develop talent (really skills, since you can't teach talent) ... draft for TALENT and ATTITUDE, teach / coach SKILLS. We keep HOPING to teach SKILLS to players who don't have the TALENT or ATTITUDE for them.
- 2nd we need to have an on the field 'general' on both O + D ... THOSE are the players you pay. We don't have that on either side of the ball today (maybe Fitz and Raekwon can / will fill these roles starting this year on D). So you 'could' argue ... we shouldn't be 'PAYING' anyone ...
- 3rd, since its a passing league ... you could consider a 2nd general on D for the secondary. (see Fitz ...)

As we have seen, with few SELECT exceptions ... you can rotate WRs, RBs, DLs (draft and rentals) into your roster and figure out how to best use them ... THESE are things that we have NOT done in a LONG time. That is exactly what NE IS able to do, and then they turn around and flip them for additional draft picks. NE is able to add OL to this list as well .... not sure if we'll ever get there, but they have the luxury of one of the best damn OL coaches around.

would offer 3 things ...

- 1st we need to develop talent (really skills, since you can't teach talent) ... draft for TALENT and ATTITUDE, teach / coach SKILLS. We keep HOPING to teach SKILLS to players who don't have the TALENT or ATTITUDE for them.
- 2nd we need to have an on the field 'general' on both O + D ... THOSE are the players you pay. We don't have that on either side of the ball today (maybe Fitz and Raekwon can / will fill these roles starting this year on D). So you 'could' argue ... we shouldn't be 'PAYING' anyone ...
- 3rd, since its a passing league ... you could consider a 2nd general on D for the secondary. (see Fitz ...)

As we have seen, with few SELECT exceptions ... you can rotate WRs, RBs, DLs (draft and rentals) into your roster and figure out how to best use them ... THESE are things that we have NOT done in a LONG time. That is exactly what NE IS able to do, and then they turn around and flip them for additional draft picks. NE is able to add OL to this list as well .... not sure if we'll ever get there, but they have the luxury of one of the best damn OL coaches around.

I'd add intellect. People seem to underestimate how mentally difficult football is. I think lack of intellect is the reason most players fail

Back
Top Bottom