One thing that scares me about Saban... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

One thing that scares me about Saban...

FrankP

Starter
Reaction score
I don't know if this as been discusses in these forums yet, but there is one thing I am scared about this new 'regime' in Miami.

I am of the strong belief that you win 'your own way' and attempting to 'copy' or 'emulate' another way is very rarely a good solution.

I hear alot of people here and everywhere say that Nick Saban wants to recreate a 'New England' here. That scares me. Don't get me wrong, the moves Saban made until now are very good... But again, trying to make it like New England is not a way that reassures me. That is why alot of coaches don't get to win superbowls with different teams...because they try to emulate their last situation.

Anyways, that is just my point... And, yes, winning is the only thing that matters, but I would want the Dolphins to win it... ''The Dolphins Way''...

Now, let the bashing begin!

Saban helped create the original "New England" When Bill Belechick needed advice about football, he went to Nick Saban.

That is somewaht an inaccurate post. he is not "copying" new englands scheme. There just happens to be some similarities due that Saban and Belicheck used to work together.

He coached with BB with Cleveland and is very good friends with him, they talked football all the time. That's why this pops up.

We're not trying to be New England. People just compare the two. If we were New England we would have taken a lineman in the second round that would last until the 7th. :lol:

TXFinFan said:
Saban helped create the original "New England" When Bill Belechick needed advice about football, he went to Nick Saban.

:yeahthat:

I believe that Saban IS doing things his own way. It just happens to be the same way Belicheck does it. Belicheck went to Saban for advice not the other way around. These two guys are very good friends and think in similiar ways when it comes to football. Saban shouldn't change his style just because someone else is doing things the way he would.

Let's question the original philosophy. Why do you think you "win your own way" versus copying someone else? Why isn't copying a dynasty a good thing?

FrankP,

Honestly, I've been annoyed at people characterizing Saban as "copying" anything. I think he's his own man, and people use "BB clone" as an easy way to characterize him when they don't really know much about him. I don't know jack about him, but he definitely strikes me as someone who has his own vision and way of doing things.

"I hear alot of people here and everywhere say that Nick Saban wants to recreate a 'New England' here. That scares me."

Well, from what I understand, he was part of the brain trust that created the NE philosophy/strategy. I don't think he's trying to copy NE. I'd say he's implementing his own system, which is very similar, and expand on it with more of his own ideas.

I agree with you on that copy cat teams never become better then the teams they copy. How many WCO teams are out there? Have any won as many superbowls as the 49ers did running that 'same' system? Nope.

But, I believe Saban isnt copying anyone here. He has his own beliefs and sticks to them. Some may seem similar to NE, while others don't. He is his own man.

Ozzie Newsome runs a similar talent evaluting system to NE but he changed it up a bit to fit his own style. Its worked out great for him. Thats the same thing with Nick.

Saban is a product of a football family... he grew up in the game.... like many he is a compilation of a lot experiences.... IMO he is his own man....just the guy for the job...

Look at the guys that coached or were on that Cleveland staff.. Bellichick, Saban, Newsome, Pioli, Savage to name a few.... they all have had success....

also, I like the fact that Saban came out and over paid for coaches he wanted and said 'there is no salary cap for coaches' This leads me to believe he thinks outside the box and finds anyway he can to get an advantage. He tries to think of new ideas.

Back
Top Bottom