One year contracts | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

One year contracts

Saban wants to build threw the draft, but that cant be done all in one year. Instead hes signing these stop gap guys to fill the positions he cant draft this year- all this without spending big money.

Jaj said:
It's also possible that franchise tag could be McMicheal. I'm not exactly sure how next year's TE class is looking or which players are FAs.

It could be but Tight End's don't command that much money. Much easier to sign him or let him leave if he wants too much money. This year's Franchise tag is $2.69 million for TEs.

Merman said:
It could be but Tight End's don't command that much money. Much easier to sign him or let him leave if he wants too much money. This year's Franchise tag is $2.69 million for TEs.

Wouldn't that be the point then if it's so cheap?

Jaj said:
Wouldn't that be the point then if it's so cheap?

That makes sense. But unless it's the Chiefs or Chargers, I don't think many teams would put a tag on the TE. Plus, isn't 2.6 mill a year what McMike was asking for anyways? I'd rather see that tag on Surtain. That way if someone does sign him, we get 1st round picks instead of the lousy 4th rounder KC's offering!

Regan21286 said:
That makes sense. But unless it's the Chiefs or Chargers, I don't think many teams would put a tag on the TE. Plus, isn't 2.6 mill a year what McMike was asking for anyways? I'd rather see that tag on Surtain. That way if someone does sign him, we get 1st round picks instead of the lousy 4th rounder KC's offering!

Comon Regan, you can't be serious. Nobody would sign Surtain for a 1st.

Back
Top Bottom