one year deals situation | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

one year deals situation

Alien

xenomorph
Joined
May 22, 2005
Messages
316
Reaction score
0
Age
31
Location
Moorhead, MN
with most of this years signings being one year ones, it obviously looks like saban is seeing what they can do before giving them money for the future, my question is, if this team is able to pull off a 9-7 year how expensive do these players become? and may that be a problem with resigning them, what if stockar mcdougle, or a situation very similar, plays very well but wont resign due to us having to pay too much money to the other players we gave one year deals and not enough for a 4 year 13 million dollar contract or something like that to a good player?
 

Boik14

☠️ Banned ☠️
Joined
Apr 6, 2004
Messages
7,221
Reaction score
0
Age
43
Location
NYC
McDougle and Boston are the only 1 year signings im aware of. I think frerotte is 2 years, i know spragan is multi year, as is Jones, Tillman..>Not sure if i left anyone out.

Boston and Stockar could become larger contracts with good years and if they choose to re-up.

The biggest way in which this effects us is if the 1 year deal players jolt after this year. im pretty sure you need to have a player for 2 years to receive any kind of comp pick for them.
 

Nublar7

FinHeaven Staff
Moderator
Super Donator
Club Member
Joined
Aug 13, 2003
Messages
35,996
Reaction score
2,426
Location
120 mi west of Costa Rica
Boik14 said:
McDougle and Boston are the only 1 year signings im aware of. I think frerotte is 2 years, i know spragan is multi year, as is Jones, Tillman..>Not sure if i left anyone out.

Boston and Stockar could become larger contracts with good years and if they choose to re-up.

The biggest way in which this effects us is if the 1 year deal players jolt after this year. im pretty sure you need to have a player for 2 years to receive any kind of comp pick for them.
Also, Evans and Edwards. Biggest thing I am worried about is not only are those four players FAs at the end of the year, but also McMichael, Gordon, Morris, Thompson, David Bowens and Bell.
 

Boik14

☠️ Banned ☠️
Joined
Apr 6, 2004
Messages
7,221
Reaction score
0
Age
43
Location
NYC
Nublar7 said:
Also, Evans and Edwards. Biggest thing I am worried about is not only are those four players FAs at the end of the year, but also McMichael, Gordon, Morris, Thompson, David Bowens and Bell.
Of the Fa's at Years end only losing mcmike would be of any significant consequence at this time.
 

painnotpleasure

Hall Of Famer
Joined
Aug 2, 2004
Messages
6,948
Reaction score
4
Location
Maryland
Alien said:
with most of this years signings being one year ones, it obviously looks like saban is seeing what they can do before giving them money for the future, my question is, if this team is able to pull off a 9-7 year how expensive do these players become? and may that be a problem with resigning them, what if stockar mcdougle, or a situation very similar, plays very well but wont resign due to us having to pay too much money to the other players we gave one year deals and not enough for a 4 year 13 million dollar contract or something like that to a good player?
I agree with you that it obviously looks like Saban is seeing what they can do before giving them the money for the future. For Stockar McDougle and David Boston for example: I think they are two important positions and players that we will be looking close into this season. If they perform exceptionally well (which we're hoping for regardless of the cost), that we will be looking to sign them long term. I'm not sure how many players received 1 year contracts, I would like to get a list together of all those players we signed to 1 years contracts, but I think we will just end up signing them long term. As simple as it may sound, we I'm assuming will sign the players that perform exceptionally well long term, and let those who disappoint move on elsewhere.
 

FuturePhin

Pro Bowler
Joined
Sep 24, 2003
Messages
2,331
Reaction score
64
The guys with one year contracts should be willing to sign with us long term seeing were giving them a shot NOW. Hopefully they shouldnt be to hard to sign.
 

Boik14

☠️ Banned ☠️
Joined
Apr 6, 2004
Messages
7,221
Reaction score
0
Age
43
Location
NYC
Nublar7 said:
If worst comes to worst, we can always franchise McMichael.
which is exactly why i worry more about Dbo and Stockar being resigned if they have good years.
 

Buddwalk

The Jukebox Hero
Joined
Jun 22, 2004
Messages
14,118
Reaction score
90
Age
32
Location
East Berlin, PA
Alien said:
with most of this years signings being one year ones, it obviously looks like saban is seeing what they can do before giving them money for the future, my question is, if this team is able to pull off a 9-7 year how expensive do these players become? and may that be a problem with resigning them, what if stockar mcdougle, or a situation very similar, plays very well but wont resign due to us having to pay too much money to the other players we gave one year deals and not enough for a 4 year 13 million dollar contract or something like that to a good player?

Let me be the first to say

Welcome to the Boards!
 

VanDolPhan

Starter
Joined
Mar 3, 2002
Messages
7,177
Reaction score
0
Age
44
Location
Hamilton, Ontario
There's a reason they were signed to one year deals as it was.

If they fit the system well and play well within it then Saban has a 2 month period to resign them before FA and even then one good year after years of subparness don't exactly fetch you big FA $$.
 

finmann

Pro Bowler
Club Member
Joined
Jan 5, 2005
Messages
5,439
Reaction score
1,914
This is why you build a dynasty through the draft not with has beens and over priced FA. Saban is plugging in the holes so to speak until he can bring in young hungry talent which will be the corner stone of this team for years to come. He is not worrying about one year deals.
 

weisdolphins

Seasoned Veteran
Club Member
Joined
Nov 9, 2004
Messages
904
Reaction score
11
Age
38
Location
GA
From the salary cap info on Finheaven.com these are the players that will need new contracts at the end of this year:

QBs
Rosenfels

RBs
Gordon
Morris
forsey
King
Colbourne

FBs
Evans
Martin
Moa

WRs
Thompson
Gilmore
Mann
K. Newson
Bellamy

TEs
McMichael

OLs
Mckinney
St. Claire
McDougle
Cook
Leyva
Wilson
Reed
Soriano
Pape

DEs
D. Bowens

DTs
Romero
Monds
Shaw

LBs
Ayanbadejo
Jenkins
Strotter
R. Williams (Did not know that there was another one on our team)
W. Taylor

CBs
Edwards
Roundtree
Haw
Elland
Hunt

Ss
Bell
Q. Williams
Sharpe

Special Teams
Delahsye

Sorry so long but from the looks of it there are only 2 players that I would really worry about.
 
Top Bottom