only take Peyton if he agrees to heavy incentive laden contract based on perfromance | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

only take Peyton if he agrees to heavy incentive laden contract based on perfromance

I think personally if we take him it will ruin this franchise forever. The better play is for Flynn or to trade up in the draft if possible. With that said. If Ross just throws a ton of money at manning without protecting himself then he will deserve the demise he will reap. If however manning gets paid if he A. remains healthy B. plays at his past potential and C. Makes the post season than he gets his money. Still a big mistake if you ask me. It will kill the team. And before you all start to bash me with your comments THINK ABOUT IT!!!!!!!!
so take a QB with 2 good games in his ENTIRE career over manning? If Flynn was as good as some of you make him out to be we would be after rodgers instead of flynn...

'

If he can't do that, then he's not healthy.

From what I read and hear, he can't do all that at this time. My fear is that we will gamble on him being able to do it sometime in the future. With his age, the type of injury and multiple surgeries he's had, I consider that a bad gamble, one that could set the franchise back years.

Even the upside - he's healthy and awesome - is still just a short term 2-3 year fix.

Here is the beauty of the situation...

Its time for our new Coach to prove his worth and make the correct call for the future at QB. Its a BIG ONE and will likely be his downfall if he chooses the wrong door. (***Review last 10 years***)

I look forward to his decision and will back him until history tells me to do otherwise...Manning?RG3?Flynn?...Gulp...Moore?
Its going to be a wild ride my friends and all we have to do is hold on.

From what I read and hear, he can't do all that at this time. My fear is that we will gamble on him being able to do it sometime in the future. With his age, the type of injury and multiple surgeries he's had, I consider that a bad gamble, one that could set the franchise back years.

Even the upside - he's healthy and awesome - is still just a short term 2-3 year fix.[/QUOTE]

I love statements like this.....like having an elite QB like Peyton isn't worth it for 2-3 years. That's some "fix".

Even with this short stopgap having one of the best QBs in the league (if healthy of course)....drafting a QB next year will put us in a very good position. Not set us back.

Back
Top Bottom