Only Two Problems To Solve & We're There Man! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Only Two Problems To Solve & We're There Man!

Originally posted by Da 'Fins

On Perry: A quote from the Herald: "Wannstedt's analysis on Monday was that the Dolphins are getting less production at three of the five starting spots: left tackle (Smith), left guard (Jamie Nails) and right guard (Todd Perry). Wannstedt said center Tim Ruddy and right tackle Todd Wade were playing ``about the same.'' Further, we picked up two OG's this year - that shows they don't expect Perry or Nails to be strong. Personally, I think Perry has been lousy every year he's been here except last year he was decent. I watched him on film from Sunday - he was blown away. He gets blown back (as does Ruddy) quite often by physical DT's.

On Ruddy: If he was solid, why did we draft a center last year and why does he keep switching them? B/c Ruddy has not been solid. We've needed an OT for several years, but last year we draft a center?

On Nails: He definitely wasn't going to come back 100%. Even if the reason is his playing weight - Wanny had to know he would not be able to work out with the achilles. It was only an extremely rigorous workout regimen that made Nails a good player last year. He also likely has lost quickness due to the achilles - There isn't a player who doesn't.

On only being able to sign 3-4 rookies, etc., well ... your argument would say you can never hope to build a good OL. If you draft decently and add the right players - you can build an OL.

Our problem, if you notice, is that we've had ONE 1st round pick who was an OL in the last dozen years. That will not get the job done. Especially when OL has been a weakness for so long. It's not about injuries (we've only had two - Dixon and Nails). It's about getting talent at the starting spot to begin with. It just hasn't happened. Even with a healthy Dixon and Nails, we would still have weaknesses, imo.

One....we drafted a center because Ruddy was getting old and Seth was the best lineman available AND we also had TWO left tackles at the time....Two.....we have not only lost Nails and Dixon to injury we also lost those two left tackles I mentioned, Brent Smith and Marcus Spriggs. (possibly our two biggest losses)
Three...I didn't say Perry was playing well THIS year...You said he was NEVER any good....that's what I was disputing. Perry's play this year is an UNEXPECTED surprise flop....four...you missunderstood what I said about Nails.....THE REASON it wasn't a gamble was because if Nails COULDN'T come back we had McKinney to take over. I wasn't debating whether he could or couldn't come back. I am saying that we had it covered if he didn't and we would have if RUDDY"S play hadn't gone to sh*t on top of everything else. Five....I didn't say SIGN 3 or 4 rookies....I said you can only sign ROOKIES for 3 or 4 YEARS.....So, please go back and read my previous post again so I can stop typing this explanation of it. :tongue: ;) :D

And one more thing....I asked this in another thread, could Wade Smith have possibly gotten one last push on Freeney if Ricky hadn't have picked him off?....One last push to make him take two or three extra stepsto get to Griese?....Just enough for someone to yell,"Behind you!!!" or for Griese to let it go to Lee or Randy???

It's frustrating to watch Ricky get the ball and be met in the backfield by D-lineman, LBs, Corners, Safeties, Opposing Team's Trainers, Camera-men, 6-year old kid's with foam '#1' hands, and beer vendors. As soon as he takes the hand-off, he has nowhere to run. People say he's worn down from last season and he has lost a step---bull****, you can't go anywhere without a solid O-line. Everytime Miami's offense steps up to the line, I feel like I'm watching the beginning scene from Saving Private Ryan all over again. Now that Griese has taken his rightful spot as the starter, he's feeling the same thing. Dwight Freeney looked like Lawrence Taylor or Reggie White against Todd Wade. What's really ironic is that Kyle Turley, Wayne Gandy, Olin Kruetz & Orlando Pace (just to name a few) were all FAs this past offseason, but Miami chose to sign Jr. & Sammy---to a defense that fielded 6 Pro Bowlers! Someone in the front office needs to get their sh*t together.

Originally posted by MightyMosDurf74
It's frustrating to watch Ricky get the ball and be met in the backfield by D-lineman, LBs, Corners, Safeties, Opposing Team's Trainers, Camera-men, 6-year old kid's with foam '#1' hands, and beer vendors. As soon as he takes the hand-off, he has nowhere to run. People say he's worn down from last season and he has lost a step---bull****, you can't go anywhere without a solid O-line. Everytime Miami's offense steps up to the line, I feel like I'm watching the beginning scene from Saving Private Ryan all over again. Now that Griese has taken his rightful spot as the starter, he's feeling the same thing. Dwight Freeney looked like Lawrence Taylor or Reggie White against Todd Wade. What's really ironic is that Kyle Turley, Wayne Gandy, Olin Kruetz & Orlando Pace (just to name a few) were all FAs this past offseason, but Miami chose to sign Jr. & Sammy---to a defense that fielded 6 Pro Bowlers! Someone in the front office needs to get their sh*t together.
Olin Kruetz was not a FA....Kyle Turley was not a FA....and Orlando Pace was a franchised player......That may explain why Gandy was priced WAAY above his value......and all this explains why none of those guys were an answer for us.

Back
Top Bottom