Only WR We Should Draft This Year | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Only WR We Should Draft This Year

Yea but I don't even think he's just a safe pick, I think he does have the opportunity to be great. He had a helluva career with Georgia, was highly touted out of high school as well. Only reason I brought up Philbin's prototypical reciever type is because it makes the pick make even more sense for us.

Not to mention Ryan Tannehill and Lamar Miller picks want to talk to you about "safe"

I'm not entirely familiar with the kid so I won't try to discuss whether he's good or great. I just want the Dolphins to stop settling for safe mediocrity and take a few chances to get better.

With regards to RT, I would venture to say that the Dolphins would not have drafted him if he had been the same size as Russel Wilson.

Living in Athens GA and meeting some of his family, I followed King closely up until this year when I moved away. Unless he really changed this year, I don't see him having the strength to be an NFL WR. He also does not go after the ball. I think he will get eaten alive by NFL DB's. He has some speed but that is about it. I would look elsewhere.

I was listening to the radio a few days ago and heard Channing Crowder in the context of teams passing on drafting Russell Wilson that the Dolphin's approach is to draft a "safe" good player instead of taking a risk on a player who is outside of the prototype but who has the potential to be great. He said that this draft philosophy is a contributing factor as to why the Dolphin remain mediocre. So, what's the benefit of restricting ourselves to "safe" draft picks that are only within the prototype? We need great wide receivers, not good ones.

Pat White was very outside the prototype. Just 'cause he didn't pan out doesn't mean the risk wasn't taken.

we need to stockpile playmakers this offseason. relegating to one in the draft or one in FA is a waste. you have another decision to make- evaluation of Tannehill

I do not agree with your strategy, especially when WR is one of our top two weaknesses. We only have Davone Bess, Armon Binns, Rishard Matthews, Brian Thymes Jeff Fuller, and Marlon Moore on our roster. Out of those names, only two (Bess & Matthews) made any real contribution in the passing game. And the only WR you want to add is Tavares King????

We need to add two quality WR this offseason, one through FA and one in the draft. We need to sign either Greg Jennings or Mike Wallace, and draft a impact WR with one of our first 5 picks (rounds 1-3).

If we sign Mike Wallace, than we should draft a WR in the second or third round. If we sign Greg Jennings, than we should draft a WR in the first or second round. This is based on their their age.

I have to give you credit, King was not on my radar until after looking at his highlights. But I'm still on the Cordarelle Patterson bandwagon. Patterson is a true offensive weapon, he can make any defender miss in open field (YAC Monster) and a sure fire threat to score from anywhere on the field. Pairing Patterson with Wallace or Jennings would be one of the scariest tandems in the NFL. These two would give Bess a lot of space to terrorize defenses too. You cant' cover all of them :)

Nuk Hopkins is a baller. Money since his freshman year. Take him early 2nd pick. Wallace as a fa and resign Hartline.

The hopes of getting Johnson in round 2 have evaporated. Now he's actually a possibility to be gone by our round 1 pick. If we don't resign Jake Long ... most people on these boards are in for a rude awakening. We'll be almost forced to take whichever of Joeckel, Fisher or Johnson that is left at #12 and take the 4th or 5th choice WR with our 2a pick. That kinda eliminates the hopes of getting a starting TE and gives us a much lower choice of CB. There is also the realistic possibility that all 3 of those LT's are gone by #12, in which case Tannehill will be running for his life all season.

I'll be shocked if we don't draft 2 WR's, but which ones and what rounds is still a mystery. The WR's that make the most sense to me would be in various rounds, but are: Cordarrelle Patterson, Justin Hunter, Keenan Allen, Robert Woods, Cobi Hamilton, Ryan Swope and Markus Wheaton.

There are a lot of other talented WR's in this draft that will go ahead of most of those guys, but those are the ones I really like.

I have been looking back for this thread and I tend to agree with the size/speed type Philbin likes. Which is why I think he likes guys who may slip into second round who origninally had first round grades.

That to me is Terrence Williams and Deandre Hopkins.

I ignored these two for whatever reason and now because of thinking about philbins type of guy and recent articles and senior bowl and the junior reference by Ireland I have put some thought into this.

One, Terrence Williams had an article on him about not forgetting him. I think beat reporters get wind of a name tossed out by Philbin/Ireland and they write an article. Williams is a typical sized guy who is very productive whether with RG3 or not. He is a high character guy I think. Christian type guy who comes from Baylor. hmmmmmmm, Baylor.

I am starting to come onto Hopkins as I see him as a guy who is pretty football fast and makes great downfield catches and can hit the home run. I like him. I understand he runs good routes and it certainly seems that way. He is a first round talent that could get pushed into the second round because WR is deep and not alot of teams will be looking WR in first round other than us and Minny. Thats why I think passing on a WR in first round could push these two down to us at 42.

Tavarres King did well for himself during Senior Bowl practices, for sure.

But I think the criticism that he disappears when things get a little more physical...rings true.

Back
Top Bottom