Only WR We Should Draft This Year | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Only WR We Should Draft This Year

WesternNYDolfan

Club Member
Reaction score
If you remember, Philbin's prototypical WR is between 6ft, and 6'2", about 185-220 pounds; runs between 4.2- 4.7 40.

Our best bet this draft to get the kind of receiver we need will be in the third round and his name is Tavarres King out of Georgia.

If you watched the Senior Bowl practices, you'd notice this kids a stud who got consistent seperation with great routes, and caught everything thrown his way.

Here's his full profile: http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=83360&draftyear=2013&genpos=WR

The beauty of this pick is, we can use our top picks to sure up DB, and if we don't resign Jake, we can maybe take this kid out of Oklahoma: http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=109129&draftyear=2013&genpos=OT If he slides to the second....

freeing us up to take the biggest impact player in the first round possible, either pass rusher, or cover corner.

Lane Johnson is at least a Top 20 pick and will be the 2nd or third tackle off the board behind Joeckel and then Fisher. There is no way he slides to Round 2 unless he Kindles his way down a flight of stairs.

I'd take Patterson in R1 and then either Wheaton or Patton with our 2B or 3A pick. Also, I would not sign a wr in free agency instead using the money to keep our own guys and bring in a starting caliber DB.

So we should skip over Keenan Allen, C. Patterson, and Stedman Bailey and only focus on this one wide receiver out of Georgia?

Anyway, good eye on Tavarres King there. He looks like a solid pickup along with Wheaton. Sounds like a good kid that'll interview well too.

I think you can get Bailey along with King, but I think King will end up a better pro

If you remember, Philbin's prototypical WR is between 6ft, and 6'2", about 185-220 pounds; runs between 4.2- 4.7 40.

I was listening to the radio a few days ago and heard Channing Crowder in the context of teams passing on drafting Russell Wilson that the Dolphin's approach is to draft a "safe" good player instead of taking a risk on a player who is outside of the prototype but who has the potential to be great. He said that this draft philosophy is a contributing factor as to why the Dolphin remain mediocre. So, what's the benefit of restricting ourselves to "safe" draft picks that are only within the prototype? We need great wide receivers, not good ones.

I was listening to the radio a few days ago and heard Channing Crowder in the context of teams passing on drafting Russell Wilson that the Dolphin's approach is to draft a "safe" good player instead of taking a risk on a player who is outside of the prototype but who has the potential to be great. He said that this draft philosophy is a contributing factor as to why the Dolphin remain mediocre. So, what's the benefit of restricting ourselves to "safe" draft picks that are only within the prototype? We need great wide receivers, not good ones.

Yea but I don't even think he's just a safe pick, I think he does have the opportunity to be great. He had a helluva career with Georgia, was highly touted out of high school as well. Only reason I brought up Philbin's prototypical reciever type is because it makes the pick make even more sense for us.

---------- Post added at 07:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:50 PM ----------

Not to mention Ryan Tannehill and Lamar Miller picks want to talk to you about "safe"

Back
Top Bottom