Ooollliiiiiiiiindo Maaaaareee!! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ooollliiiiiiiiindo Maaaaareee!!

Martel

Perennial All-Pro
Reaction score
Do you guys feel comfortable rolling with this dude again for '05?

:lol: Oh my God it is so slow today.

Of course I'll "roll" with one of the most accurate kickers in NFL history.

DolphinDevil28 said:
:lol: Oh my God it is so slow today.

Of course I'll "roll" with one of the most accurate kickers in NFL history.

I agree ... it is VERY SLOW lol ....

oh yeah ... Mare works for me too

Do we have a choice? :lol:

I'm not a Mare fan, but there isn't anyone out there who's available that would be better than him.

If he's going for a game winner, I'll be nervous that's for sure.

Not at his salary, it just seems a little too much to pay 2M a year for a kicker that is not even that darn reliable.

He had a really bad year and was injured. Yes, we don't have much of a choice but Olindo is still an average/close to being above average kicker in the NFL... lets give the guy one more season, I believe his contract is running up this year if not next year.

hes no adam v and never will be but hes ok so dont cut him and make the big mistake the jets did with jeff hall...... if the jets still had hall last year, they would of had the opp of losing to the pats for the 3rd time last season

He's still one of the most accurate kickers in NFL history, but he's deffinitely been losing his touch the last 2-3 years. He's got another year or two and then he should retire or we should seek a less expensive option.

at his price....no. Mare skills or mind set or whatever have dwindled the last 3 years. He's simply not worth the money he's making. However, as Byroan said, there simply aren't many other kickers I'd rather have at the moment.

I don't like the drunk from Indy, the NE boy is as clutch as they get but now he's making more than I'd want to pay a kicker. The 2 I'd like to swap Mare for straight up are Keading from SD (even though he missed late against the Jets) and Nugent. Actually, Keading shouldn't have been in that position his rookie year, the SD offense failed horribly down the stretch. Yeah, I'd take Keading in a heartbeat.

The interesting thing to me, actually 2 things, is that 1. Mare hasn't been asked to lower his contract (maybe he has but NOTHING has been written about it) and 2. that absolutely noone has been brought in to compete with him. I honestly thought Saban would try to bring in Rhys Lloyd or Rheem after the draft but both signed elsewhere. Maybe for training camp they'll bring in Matt Payne from BYU or something. Payne both kicks and punts. Hey, that's another suprise. I like Turk but we haven't heard about anyone signed to challenge him either. I guess Saban's just waiting until trainging camp so he doesn't have to put anyone on the books until then?

adam v is making alot but then again how many other fg kickers out there have been responsible for the winning points of 3 super bowls?

this last one didnt come down to last secs but his fg in the 4th was the difference and the winning points once again.....

patsdynasty said:
hes no adam v and never will be but hes ok so dont cut him and make the big mistake the jets did with jeff hall...... if the jets still had hall last year, they would of had the opp of losing to the pats for the 3rd time last season
:lol: that's funny because it's the jets and you guys are the pats.

Back
Top Bottom