Open Letter to Peyton Manning | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Open Letter to Peyton Manning

Roman529

Moon Runner / The 3 AM Crew
Reaction score
From David Moulton of the Naples News......Good read.

http://www.naplesnews.com/news/2012/mar/10/david-moulton-open-letter-peyton-manning/

[h=1]POLL: David Moulton: An open letter to Peyton Manning ...[/h]

I’m not a Miami Dolphins fan, which may make this letter all the more surprising. Please sign with the Dolphins. Please!

Denver and Arizona have had it so much better than us over the last few years. Look at me, I said “US.” That’s how emotional this is. I’d say you don’t understand, but you do. The Dolphins in the NFL are what your beloved Tennessee Volunteers used to be in college football — an elite team that always contended for championships, now struggling just for mediocrity and relevance.
What wouldn’t you give to see Tennessee football back on top? That’s what we’d give to see Miami return to greatness. I said ‘WE”, didn’t I? Peyton, I’m falling apart in these final days before you make your decision. Let me give it to you straight: The Dolphins NEED you. Everyone else just wants you.
That’s why you should want Miami.
Denver has Tim Tebow. The Jets have Mark Sanchez. The Redskins just traded four draft picks to draft Robert Griffin III. The Chiefs have Matt Cassel, and Arizona just last year gave up a bunch of picks and money for Kevin Kolb. Now I’m not saying you are not WAY better than all of them, it’s just that they have fallback options.
We have a journeyman and career backup named Matt Moore, in the final year of a contract playing in a half-empty stadium. All those other teams — Broncos, Jets, Washington, Kansas City and the Cardinals — play in front of sellout crowds without you.
Translation: No one will love you like Miami will.
Besides, being the football historian that you are, it was Don Shula over 40 years ago that left the Colts in order to build the Dolphins. Now you too can leave the Colts and rebuild Miami. You’ve played in 2 Super Bowls, both in Miami. You already have a place in South Florida.
We’ll throw in courtside seats for the Miami Heat, and box seats or a suite for the Miami Marlins whenever you want.
That’s sounding desperate again isn’t it? I’m sorry. It’s just that pretty much since you’ve come into the league, the Dolphins have faded into oblivion. It’s what happened to Green Bay for 20 years after Lombardi.
Peyton do you know the two most memorable home wins over the last 10 years? A 2004 team that went 4-12 wearing orange jerseys on a Monday Night, and handing the soon-to-be Super Bowl champion Patriots their last loss of a 14-2 season; and a 2007 team avoiding 0-16 with an overtime win over Baltimore so they could finish 1-15.
How pathetic is that?
On top of that Peyton, the Dolphins are boring. I mean capital B-O-R-I-N-G. We love our football. Please make it fun again. Please!
Don’t worry about if you can’t come back. The other teams and their fans will say signing you was a mistake. Not in Miami. They know you are their only hope.
Peyton, you’ve spoken of how you LOVE the challenge of playing Belichick, Brady and the Patriots every year in Indy. Well heck, now you’ll get to play them TWICE a season!
Worried about competing? Don’t be! If you had been on last year’s Dolphins, they would have been 10-6 or 11-5 instead of 6-10. Besides, Kurt Warner took Arizona to a Super Bowl. In their late 30s, Joe Montana and Brett Favre took the Chiefs and Vikings to within a game of one. Ask Dan Marino. If he had a defense in the 90s as good as this one, he’d have gone to at least one more Super Bowl............

I know Im sick of watching ****ty QB play for my team. Those of us who grew up on Marino were spoiled. Now we have looked at 13 years of ****.

Some of the Wandstedt years were so tough to watch because we knew if we had a legit QB we had a championship contender.

The last few years have just been unbearable. Rolling Chad Henne out there with that inept offense was miserable to watch. Being out of contention by Halloween makes the NFL season so much less exciting. Knowing that if we do luck out and make the playoffs that we have no shot to advance because of the play of our QB made it all the worse.

I cant take it anymore. Look, I like Matt Moore and think he is highly underrated. I feel like he can take us to the playoffs. Winning once we get there is another story. We need a QB who we know can get things done. Put us out of our misery.

Back
Top Bottom