Reaction score
Who do you think will be our Opening Day starting OL, here's mine:
  • RT Wade - given
  • RG Searcy - Perry s/b 6/1 cut
  • C McKinney - they like Andrews I'm guessing Ruddy is cut, bit c/b wrong
  • LG Dixon
  • LT Smith

Andrews, Spriggs and a Nails make teams as backups

Ruddy will be working the same position he's been working for the past 7 years. One year from now that may not be the case but you can bank on him being there this year.

Have to say I agree with Expo here...

...Ruddy is not far removed from his Pro Bowl days and a bad season last time out doesn't mean he's washed up. It might be that having a credible half-back behind him he may be able to raise his game. I hope so. :)

Additionally, for a rookie Centre to make it as a starter would be an exceptional performance considering he fell to the third round.

that's too easy an answer

the question was who would you project as our starters...:rolleyes:

• RT Wade
  • RG Searcy
  • C Ruddy
  • LG Dixon
  • LT Smith

Backups:
    OT - Spriggs, Cesario
    OG - Perry, Nails
    C - McKinney

I kept four OTs because our Top 3 all had knee injuries last year. And Cesario looked good when he got moved to RT.

With Leon Searcy and Mark Dixon returning from serious injuries, Todd Perry will provide excellent depth. If Dixon goes down, Perry is the only man who can play LG. Nails is Norv's type of guard. He's huge and strong. And I'm hearing good things about him. Ruddy will start. McKinnie's versatility puts Andrew out of a job......until next year.

Our prospective line is very shaky, if you ask me. Four guys are coming back from serious injuries (Spriggs, Smith, Dixon, Searcy) and two are coming off bad seasons (Ruddy, Perry). Provided he's healthy, I like Searcy as a backup. He can play guard or tackle. I like the draft pick too, but I'd feel a lot more comfortable if we brought in a solid veteran to replace Perry, like Rich Tylski (just released by Pitt) or Tom Ackerman (I think he's still available). What the Dolphins' O-line really lacks is a cornerstone, an Orlando Pace-Kevin Mawae-Larry Allen type who can dominate and make the guys next to him better. I was disappointed we didn't get Kreutz. He'd have been the answer. Maybe after this season, the front office can try to address this either through free agency or by trading up in the draft for a McKinnie type.

Originally posted by Expo88
Ruddy will be working the same position he's been working for the past 7 years. One year from now that may not be the case but you can bank on him being there this year.

This is probably the best scenario for Miami, cutting him now would ecellerate his cap numbers this year, cutting him next JUNE 1st would let his signing bonus be spread out for two more years, making less dead money.....and it would save them his base salary for that upcoming season.

Re: that's too easy an answer

Originally posted by dolphan39
the question was who would you project as our starters...:rolleyes:

OK, but it saved me typing out the same thing except for the one position on which I thought there was some debate.

LT: Pretty well set, Smith with Spriggs as a backup, I think everybody agrees with that. Whether or not they are effective is irrelevant, because they are all we have at LT.

LG: Dixon is the starter if he doesn't retire. Nobody questions that. His backup? T Perry I believe will backup both guard spots, along with McKinney in his rookie year.

OC: Ruddy will start, probobly be cut NEXT year. McKinney is his back up. Andrew seems to figure in to battle for his NFL life. He would have to be something extrememly great to unseat Ruddy. Funny, the backup is the safe one in this position. Starter or 3rd string is a goner.

RG: Searcy. Said he came in to start, not to watch. Has to prove his health, but it is expected that when healthy, he is a pile mover and a definate force. Backup looks like Perry or Nails. If we carry 10 lineman, it will probobly be Nails or Andrew fighting for the last spot.

RT: No questions aked. Wade is the future and the present at RT. Cesario looked good backing him up, and I would like to see him in a real game, to see how he holds up.

Originally posted by Bodzilla29
LT: Pretty well set, Smith with Spriggs as a backup, I think everybody agrees with that. Whether or not they are effective is irrelevant, because they are all we have at LT.
i feel Spriggs will give him a bit of a battle. I give Smith a 60-70% chance of winning it. :)

Spriggs is already on the short end of not only the battle at LT, but a possible spot on the roster. He's still hurting and won't be able to play until Traning camp. Brent Smith is 100% right now though. Spriggs is losing valuable time with a new offense.

The problem is, our depth at tackle is very suspect with or without Spriggs. If Spriggs was healthy, then he could back up both spots. Losing out on that time really hurts though.

There is also some thought that Dixon will retire after June 1st, using the excuse that his rehab hasn't gone as planned.

Miami usually keeps 9 offensive linemen, so here's mine:

LT -- Brent Smith/Anthony Cesario
LG -- Todd Perry/Troy Andrew
C -- Tim Ruddy/Seth McKinney
RG -- Leon Searcy/Jamie Nails
RT -- Todd Wade/Anthony Cesario

Dixon retires and Spriggs gets released.

i think shaq should start at left tackle!

even if he just falls down, the play will be over before the DT can go around!:lol:

Re: i think shaq should start at left tackle!

Originally posted by dolfan06
even if he just falls down, the play will be over before the DT can go around!:lol:
Ditto 6, he is one big M----F----- :p Marino1983

Back
Top Bottom