OPINION NO LINK-Team will not ask Daunte...... | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

OPINION NO LINK-Team will not ask Daunte......

For his input regarding the new coach. They will ask JT and ZT but not him. This to me shows the lack of respect the team has for him. Our franchise QB gets no say? I don't think C-PEP is in the future plans of this franchise.

LOL, lets see ZT and JT have been on the team how long? Culpepper has been on the team how long???? How do you deduce (lol is that a word?) that this shows a lack of respect and therefor it means that he is not in the future plans. I love all of this speculation :sidelol:

For his input regarding the new coach. They will ask JT and ZT but not him. This to me shows the lack of respect the team has for him. Our franchise QB gets no say? I don't think C-PEP is in the future plans of this franchise.
Because first, he's not a franchise player, and second, what has he done to have any say in this? :shakeno:

He's not in the future plans of this organization? That's music to my ears. :D

Because first, he's not a franchise player, and second, what has he done to have any say in this? :shakeno:

He's not in the future plans of this organization? That's music to my ears. :D

Why are so many people opposed to having Daunte as our QB? If he's healthy, do you feel the same way?

This is no sign of disrespect to Daunte.

agreed-they asked the backbone of the team who has been the face of this franchise for years-Daunte is not that face-not yet and in no disrespectful way-not ever

JT and ZT have meant more to this franchise for the past decade than Culpepper. They should get the input of both of them because they've been the face of this franchise like the Dolphin logo. They've produced. Culpepper hasn't. All Culpepper has done is produce 4 unspectacular (and at times horrible) games and continued the tradition of QB questionmarks.

i dont really think mr h is going to weigh his multi million dollar franchise on what his employees say thats just not how you do business is their imput important yes extremely jt and zt are the very foundation of this franchise but in the words of the comander in chief mr h is the decider and hell do the deciding

WHY would we ask for Daunte's input or opinion? :confused:

When DC is here for 10 years then he can tell everyone what he thinks.

What the hell is this thread about? They're taking Zach Thomas' and Jason Taylor's input for a coach and not Daunte's? Cool, great, is this not a good thing, or something to debate? This is ridiculous.

The way I look at it is, the new coach didn't bring Daunte here so isn't required to keep him. If he does decide to keep him then great that means he's good to go next year. If the coach decides to get rid of him then great we won't have to suffer through a beginning to next season the same way we did this season.

I honestly think Saban bailed because he realised how monumentally he screwed up on the Culpepper/Brees thing and had no confidence in Culpepper next year so figured he would be fired anyways and decided to cut tail and run.

Anyways it is for these reasons I don't think Daunte should have any say in who the new HC would be, because we shouldn't be locking ourselves into having Daunte here next year with so many unanswered questions surrounding his future.

I have heard from football people before that Daunte is NOT a very smart person for one thing. Also, he can't read complex defenses either. I still say we need to draft a FRANCHISE QB and get rid of Culpepper!!!!

this is sabans biggest screw up. DC over brees. i say we bite the bullet and draft a qb. dc has an awesome arm but he can't read defenses. the lights are on but nobody is home.....there is no magic smart pill. he is what he is.

I say we give Daunte a chance with us. Whats the worst that can happen other old QBs are showing signs of life, look at McNabb, Hasselback, Farve I wouldn't be suprized he plays another year he has the ability to he just doesn't seem like he wants to. They still put up good numbers. Plus if CP does crap out we could start Lemon he didn't look to bad against the Colts...:confused: I was thinking recently.... draft a line backer? maybe Florida's Siler? Zach could take him under his wing and mold us a great LB. This is a dream but hey it could happen....

They ask JT and ZT because they are lifelong Dolphins and have been great players for this franchise since they have been rookies and when you think Dolphins you think JT or ZT not C-Pep.

exactly. these guys are football players not owners or executives. they should have no input. this isnt the disney channel.

The way I look at it is, the new coach didn't bring Daunte here so isn't required to keep him. If he does decide to keep him then great that means he's good to go next year. If the coach decides to get rid of him then great we won't have to suffer through a beginning to next season the same way we did this season.

I honestly think Saban bailed because he realised how monumentally he screwed up on the Culpepper/Brees thing and had no confidence in Culpepper next year so figured he would be fired anyways and decided to cut tail and run.

Anyways it is for these reasons I don't think Daunte should have any say in who the new HC would be, because we shouldn't be locking ourselves into having Daunte here next year with so many unanswered questions surrounding his future.
You don't have to guess if the brees/culpepper thing weighed in on him, it did. It was reported several weeks before Saban left that it still irked him that the medical staff told him to get Culpepper over Brees, and he was getting killed in the media over it. BUt Huizenga did say it was several medical teams across the land not just ours that said the same thing. Knee injury vs. a 360 degree labrum tear (which was not disclosed btw, Brees I think lied because he never admitted a labrum tear, it was not discovered until independent medical tests)

Anyway I agree with you, a new coach is the best situation with Culpepper. I still want him to recover and tear it up next year (how do you get 4700 yards and not know how to read a defense?). That would be awesome. But an indifferent coach who would not be crucified for getting rid of Daunte, is going to be the best evaluator of whether or not we keep him. I'm sure first order of business will be Culpepper and his knee for our new coach. Then if we cut him oh well we lost a 2nd rounder last year but it will not be blamed on this coach.

Back
Top Bottom