Opinion on the future | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Opinion on the future

Mac3454

Practice Squad
Reaction score
This is my first post on this site....So after 2 years plus of viewing the site I decided to write on my opinion on things so here we go...

We all know that we are LOADED on def.! Everybody knows that, and we are weak on Off. PLain and simple...not a secret...

So heres somethings...

Ogun..yes...he was a very good player for us, but off. is NEEDED!..aka..trade bait...

Madison...Still one of the top corners in the league..Im willing to take the cap hit like we did Gardner...aka...Trade bait!

I think we should be very agressive in the draft..VERY...and very calm in f/a...only make "smart " investments...Are needs...QB,OL,WR.

So...here we go from that statement....

I say we package Ogun, Madison..and next years 1st or 2nd rd pick for the first overall pick this year...In that case draft Eli Manning.Imagine him with a defense and a rb! Scary!!

Next...saying that the compensation they took was are next years 2nd rd pick...I beleive we trade this years 1st and next years first...along with "Marion" if needed...and pick up LT..Robert Gallery...Some say he's the next Tony Bosseli. So why not!

The 3rd rd...get a Guard of Wr...

In free agency...I would go after 1 main guy. Damion Woody. For one...he's awsome..and too..it will hurt our division foe.

Now here's the 2004 Line...LT...GALLERY...LG...WOODY...C...MCKINNIE...RG..RESIGN NAILS(if in 02 form weight wise)...RT...SMITH. and resign Dixon if he doesnt want to retire, and is health, to back up the spots.

Behind all that....Eli Manning and Ricky Williams! Scary. With the cap we saved from not over puresueing in f/a...I would then go after Bruce to be are 2nd guy.

I would Immediatley start Manning like the Texans did with Carr. He hasnt turned out too bad!..lol.. He has the talent to be something special...as does this line if it happens my way. So does this defense..Even after 2-3 people loss. Yes we would take cap hits...but why stick with something that doesnt work..and people that would rather laugh then win a game. The key is..win now...and dont hurt yourself in the future(both draft and $$ wise)..well you know what..this plan doesnt either way.

There is no way I would give up so much for an unproven QB. You never know how people will perform in the NFL. There have been plently of guy who were sure things comming out of college that flopped. I'll go back with what I have been sayin the whole time, and I'll include some trades in there.

Ogun goes to the texans, and we get #10 over all and their third. With our number 10, we take one of two guys, depending on who's available. If Reggie Williams is there, we take him, if not, then we take the best Oline guy there is. Looks like Shawn Andrews, but he's a RT, so maybe Vernon Carey.

Then with our number 20, we take Philip Rivers. I've been watchin this guy for a while now, and there are way too many good things about him to not want him. Even his weird throwing motion and messy footwork are overshadowed by his lightening quick release and 71% completeion percentage. And his did all of this with mediocre set of recievers and oline.

Any way, with our early thirs round pick, we take Michael Jenkins if we didn't get Williams in the first. This is my third round pick if we don't get rid of Ogun no matter what. A thrid round Oline guy is a risky move, and better off tryin to get someone on FA.

No one is going to give up too much for Madison because of his huge cap number, so I say we keep him and just force him to take a pay cut. If we don't, we trade him for a second round pick this season. There are a lof of good players out there, and that's probably the best we could get from him in a trade.

With that second round pick, I would take the O-line guy that we didn't get in the first. If we did, and we can assume that we are still gonna take Jenkins in the early third, we take Darrion Scott. We just got rid of Ogun, and a rookie end to compliment JT would be nice.

And now we have a hole at CB, and we're cutting the two QB's who started for us this season, so we need to look for a QB in free agency. Brunell, It's obvious. He has said he wants to come here, Norv has said he wants to come here, and wolf, our new fake gm, drafted him in Green Bay. There is no reason to think we won't go after him.

You never know how a rookie is gonna preform, so we also should look at Tai streets. I just like him, and he's not the best WR out there, but i think he's just gonna be a good compliment to CC, who by the way, we need to sign to an extention soon.

Also, we need to look at an experienced Oline guy, and i think John Tait could be a nice guy to pick up. Not big money like Brown or Pace, but still a guy who has shown he can produce.

CB, we take someone from the eagles. Bobby Taylor and Troy vincent are both UFA, so I say we make a run at one of them. hopefully we can take one for less money than Madison requires.

The cap is a thing all to itself. I don't know how to work with that. Just make it work!

As good as we are on Defense, I don't think we are loaded. We gave up 30+ to Philly and 20+ to the Texans. We have a good defense, but with Bates being so timid and very spotty with the blitzes and the zone killing us for big plays, we have some improvement to make. We could use another big body, and another really good LB ready to take over when Jr leaves.

After the offensive ones of course :)

Originally posted by MiamiFan1354
Any way, with our early thirs round pick, we take Michael Jenkins if we didn't get Williams in the first. This is my third round pick if we don't get rid of Ogun no matter what. A thrid round Oline guy is a risky move, and better off tryin to get someone on FA.
:confused: FA is before the draft so we it will already be decided if we are filling holes in OL via draft or FA before the draft

Trades are so rare in the NFL that we cannot count on anyone wanting Sam Madison at his price; and if he is going to re-neg. it w/b with us

Back
Top Bottom