Opinion: Tannehill Will Be Back | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Opinion: Tannehill Will Be Back

Might as well keep him there's no better option out there other than Blake Bortles and he's more of the same unless they're going to trade for quarterback which I don't see happening

Roll with Bortles then... got to rip the Tannehill band-aid off already. What if he does that usual "Tannehill Tease" and wins 7 or 8 games missing the playoffs and the coaches just decide to keep him again, wasting even MORE time?

Enough of Tannehill already. He's a progress stopper. Good enough to ensure a mid-range draft pick, but bad enough to ensure no playoffs. That is WORSE than an outright bust.

Roll with Bortles then... got to rip the Tannehill band-aid off already. What if he does that usual "Tannehill Tease" and wins 7 or 8 games missing the playoffs and the coaches just decide to keep him again, wasting even MORE time?

Enough of Tannehill already. He's a progress stopper. Good enough to ensure a mid-range draft pick, but bad enough to ensure no playoffs. That is WORSE than an outright bust.

I don’t even think he would get to 6 wins this year. The team has already quit on this loser qb.

i honestly would not be surprised one bit if they keep him for 1 more year. if he stays then is cut or traded he save almost 20 mil after the season. just wouldnt be surprised, but i think he is gone

Wow, losing to the jets and gase while Tannehill fails epically, yep that's what I am looking forward to this year... ouch that would hurt. The stain would never leave flores.

Isn't that what we want?

No. They should be getting younger players who can develop. Tanking is stupid. Did the Eagles tank? -no. The Chiefs must have tanked- not really - they actually hired a competent coach and traded for a good qb. They actually drafted a tackled w thenumber1 pick in 2013. Patriots no tank. Rams hired a competent coach. Saints didn’t tank. Vikings didn’t tank.

This team is operating as if they are drafting a quarterback. High.

I rarely agree with you but I do on this. The money offered to bwater the sniffing tyrod but not I’m sure offering enough etc.

This is the kind of stuff you do when you have a qb draft target in mind.

Question is is it 2019 or 2020.

TBH, I've been surprised that there has been almost no market for Tannehill. I really thought a team like the Redskins would go after him, but they went with Keenum instead...

Seems like the rest of the league views him as almost less than a journeyman backup... That surprised me.

No. They should be getting younger players who can develop. Tanking is stupid. Did the Eagles tank? -no. The Chiefs must have tanked- not really - they actually hired a competent coach and traded for a good qb. They actually drafted a tackled w thenumber1 pick in 2013. Patriots no tank. Rams hired a competent coach. Saints didn’t tank. Vikings didn’t tank.

OK I agree, was just checking.

I plan on watching the tank as I always watch the Dolphins, but I will seriously consider not watching if Tannehill is brought back.

There is no guaranteed money left, there are no roster kickers left.

Miami can drag this out through preseason if they feel, waiting for a team to give them something.

But If he is starting week 1 at that cap number, then somebody goofed.

Serious question . . . .we have heard little on the Tannehill front down here . . . .i wonder if he is injured and maybe there is a waiting game being played before some sort of IR settlement is reached.

Usually you hear about workouts, or training with receivers . . . .something. There has been nothing.

I have to imagine they are waiting on a possible trade for him. Even a 4th or 5th is better than getting nothing- maybe a pick in 2020 even...that's when we want the extra picks for a possible trade up.
For now, free agency isn't even officially underway, technically- it's sooooo early to jump to conclusions.

TBH, I've been surprised that there has been almost no market for Tannehill. I really thought a team like the Redskins would go after him, but they went with Keenum instead...

Seems like the rest of the league views him as almost less than a journeyman backup... That surprised me.

That's not how the NFL works, the Redskins chose Keenum because he costs SIGNIFICANTLY less cap than RT, considering Elway had to eat the signing bonus so the Skins are paying him peanuts for a starting QB (I believe somewhere around 3.5 mil).

That allowed them the financial flexibility to sign Collins who they really wanted, Tannhehill's contract makes him difficult to move.

At this point I'd hate to see Tannehill come back, just because, they don't have anyone else. It's time to move on. Not worth risking another injury behind what may be the NFL's all time worst offensive line. Just re-sign Brock Osweiler for christ sake, if they can't find anyone else.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom