Opinion: Tannehill Will Be Back | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Opinion: Tannehill Will Be Back

if we're going to keep Tannehill then why did we let go of Gore and Amendola and Wake?
It makes ZERO sense to bring him back at 26mill cap hit no less when you just let go some of the players that could actually help him?
If you're trying to win you'd have kept those guys. If you're trying to lose then why keep a guy with a 26mill+ cap hit?

I rarely agree with you but I do on this. The money offered to bwater the sniffing tyrod but not I’m sure offering enough etc.

This is the kind of stuff you do when you have a qb draft target in mind.

Question is is it 2019 or 2020.
I have a feeling that either way, it comes down to Arizona's desicion. They trade out of 1 and maybe we do everything possible for it or they keep 1 and ship Rosen to us for something.

That or they want to jump up for Haskins.

That's not how the NFL works, the Redskins chose Keenum because he costs SIGNIFICANTLY less cap than RT, considering Elway had to eat the signing bonus so the Skins are paying him peanuts for a starting QB (I believe somewhere around 3.5 mil).

That allowed them the financial flexibility to sign Collins who they really wanted, Tannhehill's contract makes him difficult to move.
I'd say his contract doesn't match his "production" and that's why he's hard to move. I was a supporter but I gave up. Not a horrible QB but we're going nowhere with him and the NFL agrees.

Yessir made an interesting point

Miami is operating this as they as drafting a qb high. This year or next is up for grabs.

if not for his huge contract i agree they would bring him back. but i think-LUCKILY-that Tanny is not about to give up a penny. he never seemed all that shook about all his choking loses.

if not for his huge contract i agree they would bring him back. but i think-LUCKILY-that Tanny is not about to give up a penny. he never seemed all that shook about all his choking loses.

I think he does take a slight pay cut and stays in Miami, even though it will kill Ross.

Lauren probably likes Miami and that matters a lot, players usually want to stay in the same city because it's what their families want, that's the real reason for the "hometown discount".

Plus this may be the only team he can start for in '19 and that matters too, he would be wise to take the pay cut.

I will be surprised if they retain Ryan. They are trying to clear out money and the situation in Miami is never going to work. Moving on is the best thing that can happen for the team and for Tannehill. Someone will pick him up, and Miami can make a play at another rookie in the draft. Even if it is a lower round pick, you might just get lucky, or at least cement a solid backup for the future. If he performs poorly enough, you might be in the running for a high pick next season or the season after. Imagine if we had a shot at Lawrence...

We are backed into a corner and the best bet because we are going to tank obviously it Bringing Tannehill back. Huge paycut. It is a win win for us. If he plays how he has in the past, then we will get a great pick anyway. there is no other qb options left. Bortles is about it.

We are tearing down the team based on Tannehill's lack of ability. He is gone. We will tank to get a high draft choice. We are letting free agents walk to get compensatory picks. We are done overpaying for free agents. I predict we trade Xavien Howard if we get a high 1st and a 2nd. Next year, Rashad is probably gone. We have major holes at OL and DL and we need linebacker help.

Keeping Tannehil sends the wrong message IMO.

Are we resetting this thing or are we kinda/sorta-ing this thing out?

Let's move on and move forward.

I cheered hard for Tannehil and prayed for him to take that next step. He never did.

It's time for us to take the next step.

We've been spurned by Teddy and Tyrod. That's somewhat of a low feeling. Can't help but be discouraged. Even Tyrod wouldn't sign with us. At this point I see no other option but Tannehill and his natural ability to make Tanking look like he's trying. Some people here give him too much credit saying we will be picking mid round with him at the helm. Yeah Right!!!! He's a more realistic option today then he was 2 weeks ago. For those calling for Falk or Fales, at some point within all the losing you have to be able to take something away from it all besides the projected high pick. Development would a nice consolation prize outside of said pick. With Fales or Falk I think you absolutely would minimize any development offensively because of the limitations by either QB. Not saying Tannehill doesnt have limitations , just less then of them in comparison to Falk or Fales. Sorry for the Rant, 3pm bong rips usually cause me to b.s. everyone and myself to death.

If they're not keeping him, they really should cut him loose now.. while there's still opptys out there.

Why? No one is banging down the door to trade for him, and his dead cap be spread out over 2 years after June 1st. Why saddle yourselves w/ $13M in dead cap for no reason?

Why? No one is banging down the door to trade for him, and his dead cap be spread out over 2 years after June 1st. Why saddle yourselves w/ $13M in dead cap for no reason?
no one will trade for him but they would certainly sign him as a FA. The guy was a good soldier and silently pissed blood for a few years.. it's the right thing to do!

Yea and the team owes him nothing. No reason to cut him now and do him a favor. He made 5x more money than he actually deserved in Miami.

no one will trade for him but they would certainly sign him as a FA. The guy was a good soldier and silently pissed blood for a few years.. it's the right thing to do!

Miami paid RT more $ than he'll ever need. He was a good soldier, but this is business.

Back
Top Bottom