Opinions on drafting a QB | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Opinions on drafting a QB

grendel said:
I watched and recorded every game and I still think Absolute Joke = AJ. Check with me this time next week when you see a picture of Smith or ROdgers holding up a dolphins jersey. Stop Feeley hugging.

NO one here is Feeley hugging. We gave Ears 5 years and it was clear from day 1 that he sucked. And you already want to give up on AJ? LOL.

I never gave Fiedler 5 years, hated him since Dan's last game in Jacksonville.

There's a lot of assumption that because Rodgers and Smith are the best QBs in this draft that they're potential franchise quarterbacks. I just can't see it right now. Smith, perhaps but I think he's still developing and it's too much of a risk to take a project pick this year.

That's the problem with wanting to be great, you have to take risks. If you want to be safe and 8 and 8 then go ahead and draft a RB.

You really think that either Smith or Rodgers are the difference between an elite season and 8-8? Wow. Only reason they are rated so damn high is because THERE IS NOT ANYONE ELSE!! Both are in the right place at the right time. Now I'm not knocking either of them. I think Smith has the potential to be really good and Rodgers too. But I'm not going to put the fate of my franchise in either of their hands. Meaning, neither of them are the saviors you are making them out to be. Geez stopp nut-hugging these unproven college QB's.

If we end up with Smith I'll be very happy. He's insurance and a development project for the future. But no way am I basing the success of this draft on whether or not we get either of them.

Me nut hugging and you Feeley loving, check back at this time next week after the draft and see who is lonely, gotta go.

AJ will be fine....Smith is the only QB out of the 2 I would pick at #2 and I really don't want to do that.

This argument has reached ridiculous stage. Everybody thinks their the expert and has to start the 1,000,001 threads stating teh same thing. Nothing was proven in teh first and nothing is yet to be proven in teh millionth and one.No I am not saying AJ will be great nor disparaging the opinion. I am tired of it. Fact is Saban wont be making decisions based on stats. he will evaluate everything and then decide. AJ will be given a chance to show what he can do, it will be up to him. The answer will come when Saban announces what qb he is going with 1st game. If he does start AJ, it will then be his responsibility to play up to that level. If he doesnt, then Saban does not probably think he is teh answer. Making statements like AJ isnt any good and never will be is ridiculous and baseless.

I don't see why everyone hates Feeley so much when he never had a chance to really show his talent. Kiper, Scouts, and NFL Network have mentioned that if Rodgers and Smith would have been drafted in last years QB class that they would have been taken 5th and 6th. That goes to show you the lack of talent that these two have, but everyone thinks they are "franchise QB's". Like I've mentioned in other posts, Feeley has just as much talent and potential as either of those two QB's. You give Feeley a good game plan, oline, running game and better coaching and he will perform. The only thing were missing now is the oline and running back, hopefully that will be fixed before preseason.

Back
Top Bottom