Opinions on drafting a QB | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Opinions on drafting a QB

poisonphin

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Look, I know that this has been discused many times but, I wanted to state my reasons why we NEED to draft a Alex Smith or Aaron Rogers.

*A.J. Feeley is not a winning QB. I know he didn't have a good running game or O-line but winning QBs make something out of nothing. This season I did not see one spark of talent.

* We were 4-12 this past season and now we have a chance to potentially get a winning QB to lead us back to greatness. I highly doubt that we will be in a position such as we are in now where we can get a player that has it in him to win. This is our chance.

* What team wins the superbowl without a great QB? ( Don't tell me about the Ravens, they had a sick D)

Let me know your opinions and if I can add anything. :feedback:
Edit: When I said A.J. had no spark of talent, I meant that he had some but he will never be great.

I would rather trade down to 5 because I really don't see either one of these QB's being anything really great (although I'm starting to come around to Alex Smith), I'd rather see us get a RB in the first and then get McPherson or somebody later.

JTaylor99 said:
I would rather trade down to 5 because I really don't see either one of these QB's being anything really great (although I'm starting to come around to Alex Smith), I'd rather see us get a RB in the first and then get McPherson or somebody later.
I am afraid some team will get McPherson earlier than where we want to select him.

Come on, not a single spark of talent out of Feeley? I admit the guy struggled, and he may not be the answer at QB, but he had some flashes where he looked like he had some talent and potential. I wouldnt upset if decided to take Smith but Id much rather see us trade down and take a RB.

DonShula84 said:
Come on, not a single spark of talent out of Feeley? I admit the guy struggled, and he may not be the answer at QB, but he had some flashes where he looked like he had some talent and potential. I wouldnt upset if decided to take Smith but Id much rather see us trade down and take a RB.
Yea I saw SOME spark of talent but I know he will not improve much especially because Gus knows the offence better and if we don't draft a QB he will probobly get the starting job next year.

AJ feeley's not that bad. People give him too hard of a time IMO. In the situation AJ was in, Tom freaking Brady would have played bad. I don't think we should be going for a QB.

AJ is not that bad, I agree. The problem is he is not that good either. We have had too many years of mediocrity since Dan was forced out.

M3590NJ973 said:
Look, I know that this has been discused many times but, I wanted to state my reasons why we NEED to draft a Alex Smith or Aaron Rogers.

*A.J. Feeley is not a winning QB. I know he didn't have a good running game or O-line but winning QBs make something out of nothing. This season I did not see one spark of talent.

* We were 4-12 this past season and now we have a chance to potentially get a winning QB to lead us back to greatness. I highly doubt that we will be in a position such as we are in now where we can get a player that has it in him to win. This is our chance.

* What team wins the superbowl without a great QB? ( Don't tell me about the Ravens, they had a sick D)

Let me know your opinions and if I can add anything. :feedback:
....and you think that Rogers or Smith are your solutions for the future?

I agree we should take a QB, but you can't expect a QB starting for the fist time to do much with what he was given last year. I don't think he will ever be that good, but he may end up being serviceable.

You cant judge Feely based off of last year. For one the right side of the mans body swelled up. I cant remember how big it was but I know it was really bad. Remember when he gat pat on the butt, and he went down like a dress on prom night?? Hard to throw when your right butt cheek is in that much pain, much the less half your body. Being in good health, has a semblance of a running game and he isnt getting pounded behind the line, and he still cant produce anything, then I say draft a QB.

Anyone that is willing to make a judgment on Feeley based on what we saw last year, was not watching the games. I saw progress and potential. Our offensive system was laughable and the gameplans looked they were drawn up by Kippy Brown. I'm not ready to say Feeley is the guy, but I'm also not read to say he isn't. This is his chance. This year. This season. Under a reall offensive coordinator who will give him a chance to succeed. If he messes this up, then see ya!!!

I watched and recorded every game and I still think Absolute Joke = AJ. Check with me this time next week when you see a picture of Smith or ROdgers holding up a dolphins jersey. Stop Feeley hugging.

JTaylor99 said:

this is EXACTLY how I feel, although I'd accept a WR in round 1 also(I just think Edwards AND Mike Williams are going to be MONSTERS in the NFL) The 2 QB's Smith, and Rodgers really don't excite me too much, but even though he's considered a big risk, and considered a 3rd or 4th round pick Adrian McPherson REALLY sparks my interest. I really truly believe he'd be the Consensus #1 overall pick had he not made that ONE mistake a couple years ago, which afterwards he handled in all the right ways. The kid is gonna be a superstar

grendel said:
I watched and recorded every game and I still think Absolute Joke = AJ. Check with me this time next week when you see a picture of Smith or ROdgers holding up a dolphins jersey. Stop Feeley hugging.

Yeah and Smith and Rodgers are really going to come in and make a HUGE difference in year 1. Put them in AJ's situation last year. Think the results woulda been any different? Please. Go watch those tapes again.

Smith and Rodgers are not 28 year rookies with half there pro life gone. ABsllute joke is not the answer.

Back
Top Bottom