Opinions on Drew Brees | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Opinions on Drew Brees

Irie...I agree Fiedler threw to many int's and didn't have the arm that was his downfall with us fans. I mean c'mon a receiver would be wide open 30 yards down the field and either the ball would be short or the receiver would have to turn around and come back to it.

IMO Brees is not a fluke. He just needed some talent around him and a team that was willing to play hard. It also took him some time to adjust to a pro style offense from the pass happy offense he played in at Purdue. Hes not spectacular at anything but hes very good at a lot of things and he can certainly continue to play at a pro bowl level in the future.

Yeah Brees was no fluke simply the required 3 year progression for a Rookie to pan out and BOY did he pan out.:eek:

So if that is the case, and I'm not saying that you may not me correct. What was Fiedler's excuse when Ricky Williams was leading the league in rushing and breaking franchise records? For those 2 years that Ricky was burnin' up the field, there was a decent O-line.

I guess my question would be who would you rather have? Fiedler or Brees?

Dono

Irie Dolfan said:
So if that is the case, and I'm not saying that you may not me correct. What was Fiedler's excuse when Ricky Williams was leading the league in rushing and breaking franchise records? For those 2 years that Ricky was burnin' up the field, there was a decent O-line.

Dono

Brees, hands down.

Only for his passing ability of course the same arguement can be made for Brees having Tomlinson in the back field.

Irie Dolfan said:

Dono

Brees man! Brees had an awesome season this year, he totally changed his game, his prepartion, and his whole regimen. He became a student of the game in the off season, and when Rivers was drafted it lit a fire under his butt. He wants to play in San Diego but if they don't want him, trade him to us. :)

PhinFan0202 said:
Brees man! Brees had an awesome season this year, he totally changed his game, his prepartion, and his whole regimen. He became a student of the game in the off season, and when Rivers was drafted it lit a fire under his butt. He wants to play in San Diego but if they don't want him, trade him to us. :)
yea, to me Brees was the best QB last year....i would be fine if we got rivers though.

Irie Dolfan said:
Anyone have any opinions on Drew Brees. Is this guy a 1 year wonder, just performing because he was at the end of his contract? Was it Philip Rivers being drafted as his replacement that motivated him?

All I know is that Drew was available for the Dolphins to grab when he entered the draft, and good ol' Wanny passed on him. And who did we take instead of Brees at that pick?

Sure, if his career in Miami would have taken the same route that it already has in San Diego we would be looking forward to next season with excitement at the QB position instead of holding our breath like we are now.

If Alex Smith is available we should take him. RB's are a dime a dozen these days. Just look who is being shopped around for next to nothing in compensation.

Dono

Unfortunately, we won't be able to answer this question until after next season. He does have a pretty good team around him also. But I don't know that us taking Brees would have equated to the same things as happened in SD. Besides, I doubt Wanny would have taken steps to improve the offensive team around him like the Bolts did with Brees. Wanny believed he had the "winning formula" and just needed to tinker with it, instead of infusing new and better talent.

What we do know about Smith and Rodgers, is that they would be ranked lower than the big 3 from last year. Because of that, I say no to a QB in the 1st...I would not be opposed to a second rounder (if we can trade PS for one), someone like perhaps Campbell...I would not go for one in the 3rd round either, given our needs in so many other areas. We will field a decent team if we don't draft a QB next year, we will not field a decent team if we don't get some kind of RB in the draft (1st or 3rd round - in the latter teamed with Godon and Morris/Minor) and some help at the safety position and OL.

If Brees losed his job i still say we could take a chance on him. We've seen what he can do, and with talent around him he could flourish. Mcmichael, Chambers, Booker could all be good if they had someone like Brees throwing them the ball.

Joey 22 said:
Fletcher was PICKED on the 1st round but was never worth a 1st.

He was a hell of a corner in college, just couldn't play in our press system. He may have been more effective if we used him properly.

saves said:
He was a hell of a corner in college, just could'nt play in our press system. He may have been more effective if we used him properly.

You know, I never heard anything about him with the Chargers last year...did he do anything?

Back
Top Bottom