Opinions on Drew Brees | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Opinions on Drew Brees

Year Team G Total Tckl Ast Sacks Int Yds Avg Lg TD Pass Def
2001 Miami Dolphins 14 10 8.0 2 0 0 0 0.0 0 0 0
2002 Miami Dolphins 16 37 35.0 2 0 2 30 15.0 30 0 10
2003 Miami Dolphins 11 8 5.0 3 0 0 0 0.0 0 0 0
2004 San Diego Chargers 16 37 34.0 3 0 1 0 0.0 0 0 4
TOTAL 57 92 82.0 10 0 3 30 10.0 30 0 14

He was only a 3rd or 4th CB there. Nothing outstanding.

Drew Brees is a solid QB, that finally got some other playmakers around him last season and thats why he had a great year. I can see San Diego taking a solid WR with one of their draft picks which is going to raise Brees stock even more and then they'll probably get rid of him by trade, get something of high value and start Rivers. But then again i could be wrong, San Diego hasn't exactly had a great history with QB's other than Fouts.

Saban4prez said:
Without gates, Brees is nothing.

He threw 27 TDs and 7 ints. All of those TDs aren't from Gates. Yeah he helps out Brees but Drew busted his *** in the off season so that he would have a great season this year. He changed his gameplan, and became a student of the game.

PHIDolphins13 said:
Drew Brees is a solid QB, that finally got some other playmakers around him last season and thats why he had a great year. I can see San Diego taking a solid WR with one of their draft picks which is going to raise Brees stock even more and then they'll probably get rid of him by trade, get something of high value and start Rivers. But then again i could be wrong, San Diego hasn't exactly had a great history with QB's other than Fouts.

I agree. More than likely i think the big WR are going to be taken the time they pick. They will probably look to pick up Crophonso Thorpe so they have deep threat in the offense. I do like Mccardell though as the #1.

Irie Dolfan said:
Exactly. It just goes to show that Wanny does not know QB talent. He passed on Brees because he thought Fiedler was the answer.

Alex Smith will be the answer!

Dono

Irie...just as much a chance Smith will be a Brees as Brees was a Brees...no guarantees, and I might add that Smith and Rodgers probably would not have gone before any of the top 3 guys last year...

Back
Top Bottom