Opinions on Drew Brees | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Opinions on Drew Brees

Irie Dolfan

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Anyone have any opinions on Drew Brees. Is this guy a 1 year wonder, just performing because he was at the end of his contract? Was it Philip Rivers being drafted as his replacement that motivated him?

All I know is that Drew was available for the Dolphins to grab when he entered the draft, and good ol' Wanny passed on him. And who did we take instead of Brees at that pick?

Sure, if his career in Miami would have taken the same route that it already has in San Diego we would be looking forward to next season with excitement at the QB position instead of holding our breath like we are now.

If Alex Smith is available we should take him. RB's are a dime a dozen these days. Just look who is being shopped around for next to nothing in compensation.

Dono

He will prove it this year. If he does well again, the Chargers will have to move him or Rivers. It was a smart move for them to Franchise him.

Irie Dolfan said:
Sure, if his career in Miami would have taken the same route that it already has in San Diego we would be looking forward to next season with excitement at the QB position instead of holding our breath like we are now.

I agree about taking Smith but I'm happy that we didn't take Brees. If we had, we'd still be stuck with Wanny trying to run an ineffective RB through a mass of bad blockers and a Pro Bowl caliber QB handing the ball off 2 downs out of 4 (run, run, panic throw, punt)

please we wouldn't have given him 3 years to develop, after 2 sucky years everyone would have been calling for his head...

arsenal said:
please we wouldn't have given him 3 years to develop, after 2 sucky years everyone would have been calling for his head...

Wasn't Fiedler here for 5 years?

4 and he put up better numbers than brees and people have wanted him out for the past 2.5 years

edit: atcually yeah it was 5 wasn't it, damn... but i mean people want feeley out after 1/2 a season so who knows

FinFrenzy said:
Wasn't Fiedler here for 5 years?

Exactly. It just goes to show that Wanny does not know QB talent. He passed on Brees because he thought Fiedler was the answer.

Alex Smith will be the answer!

Dono

Your right 2000-2003....but if he would have lit up the world his 2nd 3rd or 4th year we would have changed. The bolts were calling for Brees's head until last year example drafting Eli and trading for Rivers.

He would had never flourished, Brees was lucky not to been picked by us, still I would like to have him.:cry:

True. Was that what made him a better QB last year? Was it the O line he had to deal with in S.D.?

Well, if San Diego want's to trade him next year because he goes 8-8 (no worse), than I say grab him. Of course, that is if we don't take Alex Smith

Then again come to think of it the Chargers got 2 first rounders that year ours and theirs...nice draft by them

Tomlinson and Brees and then we gave them Fletcher....that's the pissed off part we all got taken back when they announced the Miami Dolphins select Jamar Fletcher.

Irie Dolfan said:
True. Was that what made him a better QB last year? Was it the O line he had to deal with in S.D.?

Well, if San Diego want's to trade him next year because he goes 8-8 (no worse), than I say grab him. Of course, that is if we don't take Alex Smith

By that time hopefully AJ develops nicely which i think he will or if we draft Smith maybe we can be as fortunate........I don't think the Chargers should trade brees that would be stupid IMHO Rivers is untested great prospect but untested. If brees has another solid year watch for Rivers to be on the block next year....he should have paid attention to Eli and said any team but the Chargers..:lol:

Fletcher was PICKED on the 1st round but was never worth a 1st.

Numbers? Who cares about the numbers Fiedler put up. All I know is that that guy did barely enough to win a game, and ALWAY ENOUGH to lose a game. Fiedler sucked under pressure. How many INT's did that guy throw (Points off Turn Overs) that cost us the game. Jay Fiedler is the single reason our defense lost years of longevity, because their asses were always right back on the field trying to save the game from his INT's.

Oh, and let's not forget Wanny's fantastic game calling. What an ***! Wanny & Fiedler should go live on a Carribbean island together somewhere.

Dono

Joey 22 said:
Fletcher was PICKED on the 1st round but was never worth a 1st.

I know I'm just stating that we gave that pick to San Diego when it appears now they already had a fantastic draft.

(Gave that pick meaning Fletcher)

Back
Top Bottom