Option for dislike button? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Option for dislike button?

Apparently not that simple, if you believe everyone is going to take the time to “say their piece” toward each post they disagree.

You could make the same logic against a “like” button, no? It’s not needed because, well, you can just say that you agree and move on. ;)

It can be argued that people comment on posts they agree or partially agree with as much or more than the ones they disagree with.

It really makes no sense to have one option and not the other.

Nothing personal, of course, but that’s a bad argument Henrik.
It's kind of the standard way of doing things. It's the way our forum software comes as default. It's the way Facebook, Twitter, and most other online communities do it.
And most importantly, its the way we like to do it ;)

:fh

Apparently not that simple, if you believe everyone is going to take the time to “say their piece” toward each post they disagree.

You could make the same logic against a “like” button, no? It’s not needed because, well, you can just say that you agree and move on. ;)

It can be argued that people comment on posts they agree or partially agree with as much or more than the ones they disagree with.

It really makes no sense to have one option and not the other.

Nothing personal, of course, but that’s a bad argument Henrik.
I can't believe the amount of energy being put into this...

Bottom line what we got is what came with the software

Probably could not add a dislike button even if we wanted to so ...

:DWN: use this if you really have to thumps down a post

The end

not for nothing, i know yalls emojis from when yall updated the site a couple years back.... yall had an ICE agent wrangling a mexican as an animated emoji.

It just sucks that i trusted Shifty enough to tell him that was some of the funniest most racist **** i've seen.... of course he was gonna run off and have it removed...

@EJay the childishness in some grown men directly correlates with the sensitivity in some grown men. If half the posters here knew that the angry emoji was -1 towards a posters reaction score they would bring up other posters profiles and just go down the list and put the angry emoji on every little ****ing post whether they agreed with the post or not.

In turn that would probably lead to the posters getting angry emojis reporting every little post in retaliation. I think more than anything, it basically boils down to, if you put the unlike button in then you are opening up a lot more BS than the mods and admins want to deal with. Could they do it....I'm not behind the scenes, but i'd probably say sure. Do they want to go thru an additional 100 reports a day and have their inbox full of people bickering, no. Not to mention the bickering will get even worse in the threads with personal attacks. "such and such dislikes every ****ing post i make where as that baby mule ****er still post that Henne was not just a check down artist"

Just gotta be like me and some of the others...mumble "that guys a stupid baby mule ****er" in your head, then click the wow icon (cause unless its a funny post, thats my way of implying, "this dumbass ****s baby mules hes so ****ed in the head"

not for nothing, i know yalls emojis from when yall updated the site a couple years back.... yall had an ICE agent wrangling a mexican as an animated emoji.

It just sucks that i trusted Shifty enough to tell him that was some of the funniest most racist **** i've seen.... of course he was gonna run off and have it removed...

@EJay the childishness in some grown men directly correlates with the sensitivity in some grown men. If half the posters here knew that the angry emoji was -1 towards a posters reaction score they would bring up other posters profiles and just go down the list and put the angry emoji on every little ****ing post whether they agreed with the post or not.

In turn that would probably lead to the posters getting angry emojis reporting every little post in retaliation. I think more than anything, it basically boils down to, if you put the unlike button in then you are opening up a lot more BS than the mods and admins want to deal with. Could they do it....I'm not behind the scenes, but i'd probably say sure. Do they want to go thru an additional 100 reports a day and have their inbox full of people bickering, no. Not to mention the bickering will get even worse in the threads with personal attacks. "such and such dislikes every ****ing post i make where as that baby mule ****er still post that Henne was not just a check down artist"

Just gotta be like me and some of the others...mumble "that guys a stupid baby mule ****er" in your head, then click the wow icon (cause unless its a funny post, thats my way of implying, "this dumbass ****s baby mules hes so ****ed in the head"

I know right! It took me a long time to find those emojis and sneak them into the que. 🤣

ice.001.gif

Back
Top Bottom