Options for veteran QBs in 2020 as Miami prepares for future | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Options for veteran QBs in 2020 as Miami prepares for future

Who should Miami's veteran QB be in 2020?

• Ryan Fitzpatrick

• Teddy Bridgewater

• Andy Dalton

• Other (comment below)

Results are only viewable after voting.
As I said about Tannehill I will say whomever the top QB taken, they must start day 1 game 1.

As for Bridgewater, nope. Keep that lollipop in a dome.

As I said about Tannehill I will say whomever the top QB taken, they must start day 1 game 1.

As for Bridgewater, nope. Keep that lollipop in a dome.

Tannehill should not have started day 1 and pretty stupid to say otherwise. Let’s see. Brady didn’t start day 1, neither did mahomes or Rodgers or Goff or Jackson or brees. Mariota did and Tannehill too.

Though I agree that in our situation Fitzpatrick would be the best Vet to help whomever Miami picks in the draft, I actually think someone like Matt Schaub would be as good or better for a one to two year pickup, to be the early starter, then backup as he helps groom our future QB.

Why in the world would it be anyone other than Fitzpatrick? While playing in Tampa, Fitzpatrick guided Josh Allen on what to expect playing QB for the Bills, living in the local community and what he could expect from the media, fans and franchise. Allen is on record saying how much Fitz helped him break in to the league. He's respected by teammates and coaches, very well liked, very intelligent and has years of experience to offer Tua.

You can't have Rosen as the back up because he has nothing except competition to offer the rookie. Either keep 3 or suck up the failed trade and move Rosen for what you can get.

Tannehill should not have started day 1 and pretty stupid to say otherwise. Let’s see. Brady didn’t start day 1, neither did mahomes or Rodgers or Goff or Jackson or brees. Mariota did and Tannehill too.

Stupid was the next 7 years and the constant excuses.

I like Fitzpatrick, but he's still bucking to start. Fitz seems to be a good mentor to Rosen … but I'd have to know more to evaluate how to handle that one. Rosen has value, so either we keep him and let it be an open competition--with no veteran to help the young guys learn the ropes--or trade Rosen for a low round pick, eat our losses, and find a veteran mentor for our first overall pick.

I voted keep Fitzpatrick … and I don't like the other options, but there will probably be additional options not in this poll.

Back
Top Bottom