Options? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Options?

J Tes

next generation
Reaction score
If Miami does hopefully end up getting Boston, there 1st pick could go in many directions.
1- They could trade down to get extra picks
2- Take o-lineman like Shawn Andrews (if he falls)
3- Take a LB (Seau and Thomas arent exactly young) like DJ Williams
4- Take a DT (Not exactly young here either) like Randy Starks (I know Miami spent alot of time with him at the combine)
5- Take best available reciever- Evans, Jenkins etc.
6- But less likely- Take a Safety such as Sean Jones. Miami has said one of there goals this offseason was to add youth to the safety position.

Trade gives Miami options on Draft that I believe are beneficial for them. Now teams would be less likely to know which direction Miami is going with the pick, and more likely to panic and overpay to get Miami's pick if they believe they may take who they have targeted.

to be honest.. with boston having no guarantees of being a model citizen and chambers a F/A in 2005 .. i would take another WR ... we could potentially be a very potent offense with the addition of a WR such as lee evans or rashaun woods ... i prefer evans because he can return punts and kickoffs .. and would be a perfect fit as a# 3 receiver ... if miami does go defense .. starks, dj williams and or deangelo hall would be good fits as well ... our interior d-line is aging and we need a dime corner who can return kicks and punts .. as for williams .. he can replace seau ... i would lean towards the WR .. due to the uncertainty of the postion even with the additon of boston .. i hope miami finds another o-lineman in F/A so they can concentrate on the WR and defensive positions ... if chambers, boston and evans stepped on the field in a 3 wide set.. that would scare the living hell out of opposing defenses ... i have my fingers crossed

I'd prefer O-line or DT.

I think between Greenwood and Moore we have youth down.

Stop thinking WR in the 1st round guys cos if we get Boston we will not take one. This team runs the ball so Boston and CC and then Tolver and Simmons are in the mix so they'll do something else with the 20th pick.I'm thinking more and more that we'll go defence at 20. The o-linemen that are gonna be on the board at 20 should go lower imo and Rivers will be gone.

Ozzy rules!!

Back
Top Bottom