Orange Bowl VS. Current Stadium. Also Sat. 11:30 MST NFL Network airs 82 playoffs. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Orange Bowl VS. Current Stadium. Also Sat. 11:30 MST NFL Network airs 82 playoffs.

We use to park by the Lums and walk the last mile to the stadium to get in the mood for the game with all the fans

Back then,other teams HATED coming to play in the Orange Bowl...the last several years ..it's been a beach vacation for most other teams...

It was loud as hell..fans were almost right on the sidelines...awesome home field advantage then....

Yeah baby! The bowl effing ROCKED! Absolute truth is

my yammie lost her dominant home field advantage

the day the music died -------- from So. Miami

to Cuban coffee! The neo-plastic hyper-corporate fan

ganza facilities are sterile by comparison.

But perhaps sterility is now essential?

As a fan from a great distance I would like to ask a question to fans that have attended games in the Orange Bowl vs The new renovated stadium as to what is the experience is like?
I have VHS tapes from the games played In the Eighties on Monday night football the 1984 finale against Dallas is a favorite. 85Bears from Orange Bowl. It looks like fans were right on top of the benches , I think that is cool.
I now have my DVR set to record that playoff game Sat NFL network , a game post Greise, and pre Marino . Speaks of Coach Shula’s
Abilities .

The Orange ball was so loud, it could be heard blocks away. My cousin's aunt from her mothers side lived a block away from the Orange ball, and lets just say if they were playing a game...Don't even bother to go to bed. If you were at the actual Stadium, it felt like a College game or Concert...very loud, very exciting, it was a feeling you had to experience as a Dolphins fan.

Wish the new Stadium had that type acoustics, Miami would be louder then Seattle, and tough to win thanks to the 12th man.

The seats were brutal.

Edit: I should say "seating". Seats is overstating the reality.

Yeah, that was the only thing that stunk, those seats were tough. Though I was excited when I heard Miami was getting a new Stadium, maybe if they had just done some bigtime reconstruction of the Orange Ball, it might have been better.

Yeah, that was the only thing that stunk, those seats were tough. Though I was excited when I heard Miami was getting a new Stadium, maybe if they had just done some bigtime reconstruction of the Orange Ball, it might have been better.
The big problem there was infrastructure, and parking.

Also the fact that J.Robbie wasn't about to sink that much cash into something he didn't own, and get the ancillary income from.

IIRC, he tried for years to get the city/county to partner in a stadium, but they weren't on board.

The orange bowl, the seats were very close to the field, so it enabled the fans to affect the game, when you are closer to the field and players you are more likely not to sit on your azz and more likely to be involved vocally..

Pre Hard rock, that stadium and the way it was built was killing this franchise..

I love the renovations, moving concrete to be closer was what i’d been asking for for decades..a cano was just such a great idea..

beautiful stadium now, and I’m happy with it.

Biggest mistake owners these days make is not building their stadiums so the fans can be in top of the field, real dumb.

Hard Rock Satdium...formerly New Miami Stadium...formerly Sun Life Stadium...formerly Dolphin Stadium...formerly Land Shark Stadium...formerly Pro Player Stadium...formerly Pro Player Park...and originally (and rightfully) Joe Robbie Stadium was built with baseball in mind (Frank Gifford seemed to always mention this on MNF at Joe Robbie Stadium). The plan worked since the city was eventually awarded the Marlins. Unfortunately, building the stadium that way was not conducive to fan noise during a football game. Even with renovations, they haven't been able to replicate the atmosphere of the Orange Bowl. I have never been to either stadium but I can tell by watching old games on Youtube (especially the 1985 Bears game and the 1984 season closer against Dallas) that the Orange Bowl was a big home field advantage. One that has not been replicated in Miami since.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom