Orange Bowl VS. Current Stadium. Also Sat. 11:30 MST NFL Network airs 82 playoffs. | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Orange Bowl VS. Current Stadium. Also Sat. 11:30 MST NFL Network airs 82 playoffs.

I have a 1986 Miami Dolplhins guidebook (hardback version with Marino on the front). It has a full story on Joe Robbiie and his plans fo rthe new stadium (complete with pictures of what he envisioned for the new stadium). It 's interesting to look back on it now. The book is in awesome shape, especially considering its age. I remember from reading it (I pulled it off the shelf the other day but just flipped through it). Joe Robbie was big on the new stadium for club seats. He said club seats were the best bargain in the NFL.

Ok. I have to ask about the cheerleaders, are the better eye candy now or back then in the Orange Bowl?

There were a lot of great games at the orange bowl. The city was stupid not to invest in it.

I'll have to admit the teams that always seemed to play the those special game there were Florida/Florida state. At least those were the ones I remembered really rocking the place.

the orange bowl was a metal stadium and the fans would stomp their feet and it would shake and the sound was amazing biggest home field advantage ever just ask the hurricanes who won 56 straight games there

All I can say is the OB was hallowed ground. It was also a shithole but it was our shithole. The closed end of the field was deafening. The place would shake rattle and roll Like no other place. I was there for an Eagles game when Jaworski was still the QB. Every time he came to the line down late in 4th qt the place got so loud Jaws had to backoff at LOS it was so loud. It must have happened 3 or 4 times. The refs warned the fans we would get a delay of game penalty through the PA if we kept it up. Shula waving his hands for us to be quite. Jaws ran the play but we stopped and won the game. AWSOME

The OB was an advantage worth 3pts easily. The fans were for sure a 12th man. I get goose bumps thinking about the Bowl. We have not won **** since moved.

Back
Top Bottom