Orange | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Orange

njfinfan

Finheaven's "First Lady"
Reaction score
Does anyone know what game we're wearing the orange jerseys for? I can't wait to see them in action. Alot of people don't like them, but me, being a girl, love em.

:couch:

Be about right - we'll look like a bunch of turkeys in those (unexpurgated expletive deleted) things anyway!

Originally posted by RevRick
Be about right - we'll look like a bunch of turkeys in those (unexpurgated expletive deleted) things anyway!

"Rev" watch your tongue and repent this Sunday for your "unexpurgated expletive". :D

There's nothing wrong with orange (i mean "coral").
It's very 1969 muscle car-ish.

Anything looks better than the white jerseys on aqua pants. Man, I hate those. Why can't we wear all-aqua on the road?

Hey Rev, nice quote. One question. What does "conn a ship" mean? I'm guessing that is Navy talk?

"Conning a ship" means being in temporary control of the operations of the vessel, or "on watch" on the bridge (the control center) as the surrogate for the captain, since he can't be there all the time. Poor guy has to eat, sleep, and etc. sometime.

The quote is from "Time Enough for Love" by Robert Heinlein - my favorite SciFi author. As far as the "unexpurgated expletive deleted" goes, after four years in the Navy and working with construction workers, you can be sure that in my former life my vocabulary used to contain some "colorful metaphors." And I still like the old deep blue (or whatever it was called) jerseys they used to use in the late 60's-early 70's. The orange looks like bipedal traffic cones gone awry..

Thank you, sir. I appreciate the explanation.

And just for your edification, the Official colors of this team are Aqua and Coral (I learned that on this board not too long ago)

I don't like the orange jerseys. Orange is too submissive (read sissy). The last two teams to have orange jerseys, ditched them and won superbowls.

I don't like them using the same colors for jersey and pants. They look like they're playing in pajamas. :lol:

Originally posted by RevRick
"Conning a ship" means being in temporary control of the operations of the vessel, or "on watch" on the bridge (the control center) as the surrogate for the captain, since he can't be there all the time. Poor guy has to eat, sleep, and etc. sometime.

The quote is from "Time Enough for Love" by Robert Heinlein - my favorite SciFi author. As far as the "unexpurgated expletive deleted" goes, after four years in the Navy and working with construction workers, you can be sure that in my former life my vocabulary used to contain some "colorful metaphors." And I still like the old deep blue (or whatever it was called) jerseys they used to use in the late 60's-early 70's. The orange looks like bipedal traffic cones gone awry..

If you took Acid and looked at our uni's from the 60s and 70s you'd end up having a BAD TRIP. Those things we're ugly :D

Back
Top Bottom